Looping a slideshow within the ProShow player itself?

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related

Looping a slideshow within the ProShow player itself?

Postby dcanderso28 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:25 am

Hi all,
Maybe a stupid question, but is there any way to simply have a slideshow that you have completed play on a continuous loop without having to go through the "create output" process? The completed ProShow Gold slideshow plays with the best quality and image clarity within the software itself (i.e. "Play Slideshow"). I have been able to successfully burn to a DVD and loop it, but the quality is for whatever reason far worse in comparison. To this point, I have tried different types of DVD's, players, connecting cable varieties, etc. and concluded that it must just be that the DVD burner in my PC is simply not that good? If only I could just connect my PC to the big screen TV and have the slideshow loop continuously without having to be "created" to do so? Any suggestions would be very much appreciated - thanks in advance!

Re: Looping a slideshow within the ProShow player itself?

Postby cherub » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:07 am

Try this in the very last slide of your show:
Slide Options > Slide Settings > Action at End of Slide >
Action: Choose: "Jump to Slide"
Destination: 1
This will create the looping effect that you are looking for.

Postby heckydog » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:01 am

If your video is HD, 1080p, and you're making an actual DVD (720x480), as opposed to a bluray (1920x1080), then you're lowering the quality considerably to make the dvd.

That could explain the lower quality you're seeing. If your burner just does dvd's, then there's nothing wrong with it, it's just not capable of outputting a higher quality video. Could be time to upgrade your burner to one that does blurays.

Joe

Postby dcanderso28 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:30 am

Thanks to both of you (cherub & heckydog) for your replies. I was very encouraged in thinking that I had a solution to looping my slideshow, but feel it must just be that the version of ProShow Gold that I am using and have for years is simply too old to have the Slide Option > Slide Settings > Action at End of Slide capabilities to create the looping effect I am looking for :( I do agree that upgrading my CD burner to a higher quality would also likely solve the clarity issue. I am at least working with a new desktop computer and whatever CD burning capabilities it came with. Anyhow, should either of you have any other "how to" suggestions or solutions you might have to offer please let me know. The graduation party is not until this coming Saturday so hopefully I can figure something out.
Thank you again!

Postby cherub » Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:47 am

dcanderso28 wrote: .... the version of ProShow Gold that I am using and have for years is simply too old to have the Slide Option > Slide Settings > Action at End of Slide capabilities to create the looping effect I am looking for ...

So sorry, you posted in the section for Producer, and I didn't notice that you were actually speaking of ProShow Gold. Unfortunately I don't have Gold installed anymore on my computer, so I can't check. But, somehow I seem to remember that older versions had an option for "action in the last slide", but it was done while creating an executable.
Try to look in the help file of the program that you have installed on your computer for: last slide, or action at end of slide, or.... something like that.

Postby dcanderso28 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:33 am

Will do. Thanks so much for your reply cherub. Sorry about having posted in the wrong (Producer) section. I am completely new to this sort of thing.
Dean

Return to PSG - General Discussion