Autorun Issue

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Autorun Issue

Postby pinger » Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:52 pm

Hello,

I've created a project with seven .psh files and have created a DVD for computers. It appears that the disc was created successfully but does not autorun on my Windows PC.

When I go to the file location, an autorun.inf file is there along with the .exe file (which runs fine manually).

[AutoRun]
open=show.exe
icon=show.exe,0

I'm stumped. Does anyone have any ideas? Thank you.

Re: Autorun Issue

Postby heckydog » Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:14 am

That is not the format for a DVD disc. It should have at least a VIDEO_TS folder, and possibly an AUDIO_TS folder.

Inside the VIDEO_TS folder there are a number of IFO and BUP files which are the instruction sets for the DVD.
And also at least one, and probably more, VOB file which are the actual video files to be played according to the data in the IFO files.

You may have created an executable file and copied them to a DVD disc. It won't work that way.

Postby pinger » Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:41 am

Hello HD,

Thank you for your reply.

I created this disc through the Projects Interface on PSP.
My disc has everything on it that you mentioned in your reply; 8 BUPs, 8 IFOs, 8 VOBs.

Thanks, JV

[img]D:\Pictures\Project%201.jpg[/img]

[img]D:\Pictures\Project%202.jpg[/img]

Postby heckydog » Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:21 am

It's possible that whatever software you're using to play dvd's on your PC won't start playing just because you put the disc in your player. But it should still autoplay when you put it in a standalone player connected to your TV.

I use VLC player myself, and I have to use CTRL+D and then select other options before the disc starts playing.

Also, links to files on your hard drive won't work. You have to upload the images to a cloud client like dropbox first.

Postby pinger » Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:49 pm

Actually my "project" is to create seven DVDs with five to seven .psh files in each---for someone else as a gift--- to play on HIS windows PC.

Currently dead in the water if they won'd auto run when he inserts (he won't have the know-how or patience to open them by running the executable, for example).

Yeah, I meant to delete that failed attempt at inserting mp3s, I knew you would get them...I was trying to show you screenshots of all the .vob, etc files and the autoplay file.

Thanks for your reply.

JV

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting