Show Background

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Show Background

Postby bwest » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:27 pm

Hello from down under,

I am stuck with a problem trying to change a shows background.
I am using Proshow Producer Version 9.0.3797 which is the latest.

I do go to Show > Show Background and select a Solid Colour, which changes the background just fine.

But when I do apply a style, the background is then changed back to black.
The style I want to use for a particular show is A Photo Border Landscape Caption 1.

It doesn't make any difference if I add style first and then change show background.

I have been looking around high and low but can't see if it is possible to change the background colour in this style.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Show Background

Postby cherub » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:20 pm

The style that you are applying does not contain any background.
The black that you are seeing is actually a black frame with a white border around the place for the picture.
It is a png file that was created in Photoshop, and it has a transparent hole in the middle, through which you can see the picture.
This png file is part of the slide style and if you delete it, the style will loose its effect.

Postby bwest » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:38 pm

Thank you for your reply.

If I understand correct, it is not possible to have a different background colour than what the styles have been designed with ?

It seems to me, that the styles "override" the background chosen for the Show Background.

Postby cherub » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:49 pm

You misunderstood me.
The black that you see IS NOT THE BACKGROUND.
Your problem, if indeed one could call it a problem, has nothing to do with any background - not that of the slide, and not that of the show.

There is no background in this slide style, apart from the one given by the show background.

What you see is a frame. This covers the entire screen. The slide style does not override anything. Simply put, that frame is so big, that it covers everything else.
The show background that you changed is there, you just don't get to see it, because the frame covers it.

Why don't you just take a look at the layers of this slide, and you'll understand what I mean.

Postby bwest » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:31 pm

Hmm, not sure if I do.

But never mind - I actually came across a simple method to achieve what I needed.

Thank you again for your help.

Postby cherub » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:49 pm

Look at the link that I'm giving here. If the frame of this style would have been any smaller, this is how it would have looked like:

https://bit.ly/2MmWfUL

The show background is olive green
The frame is black with white border
The actual picture is in the middle.

But, in any case, I'm glad that you've found something else to use in your show.

Postby bwest » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:08 pm

Aahh - I got it now.

As they say - a picture tells a thousand words.

Thank you again

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting