PSP Locks Up Trying to Open Show

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

PSP Locks Up Trying to Open Show

Postby jrh430 » Wed May 31, 2023 6:51 am

Made 220 slide,12 music/sound file show, August 2022 using Ver 9.0.3769. Now the show won't open. I did relocate some of the pictures to different folders a couple months ago.
When I select OPEN, PSP begins to retrieve the files then says MISSING 32 FILES. I easily find them and PSP is satisfied then begins to go through the "loading" process; I see the moving green bar with file names popping up just like normal. Towards the end of this process, the program locks/freezes. Doesn't freeze at the same place when trying again. Clicking on Minimize (-) or the X (Close Program) does nothing and the only way I have found to clear the frozen program off my screen is to close it using Task Manager.
I imagine the problem could be a corrupted file (PSP or show file?) but don't have a clue where to look or what to do. Any ideas out there?
Jim/Akron, OH
PS- Also posted under General before I realized there was a Troubleshooting category

Re: PSP Locks Up Trying to Open Show

Postby CindyE » Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:30 am

Hi Jim...thought I would mention the Facebook Proshow group that I belong to now in case you might want to check them out if you belong to FB. This group started up after Photodex shut down and now has quite a lot of group members. They are very helpful and usually someone will come up with the answer needed. (I also posted this under your other post.)
Regards, CindyE

https://www.facebook.com/groups/338829398351892

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting