Caption Problems

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Caption Problems

Postby ottercove » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:51 pm

Working on a show under PSG 7. At the beginning of the show I have some slides that are too short in length to allow for easy reading of the captions, so I put the same caption in two consecutive slides. I did not want the caption to fade in and out, or blink of and off between the two slides and was successful in doing so. Later in the show I had the same issue and attempted to use the same solution. No luck, the captions turn off briefly and then back on for the next slide. Turning off at the end of the first slide.

Here are the settings that I used and am aware of. In Slide Options, Captions, Captions Settings , Caption Setup has "slide transition included in slide transition effect", checked. In Caption Effects, the first slide has "None" for all of the behaviors. Motion and Adjustments do not change for Starting and Ending Positions. The second slide has the same Caption Setup settings, but for Behaviors, has: Fade In, None, Fade Out. There is a 1 second Crossfade Blend Linear transition. On the slides where this doesn't work, the caption disappears for the length of the transition.

Is there some hidden setting I'm missing?

Re: Caption Problems

Postby cherub » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:27 pm

You are not missing anything. These are all the settings that are available in ProShow Gold.

I tested this on my computer and didn't see the same problem.
Make sure that you have a check-mark for "Included in the slide transition", on ALL the slides in the chain, including the last one.
There is no point in having any Fade-Out effect in the caption of your last slide, because it coincides with your SLIDE transition, and it looks rather funny. (at least it did so with the curling effect that I used just to see better what was happening)

Postby ottercove » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:28 pm

Thanks for the reply.

I've gone over my settings a couple more times. It just won't work properly later in the show.

Postby cherub » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:14 pm

What happens if you copy and paste those problematic slides into a new show?
Do you still see the same thing?

Postby tdew » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:09 am

Would it be possible to copy and paste the first slides (the ones that do work) and then just change the pictures used after you've pasted it in the other location?

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting