Switch to full style
Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Producer and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Post a reply

Whiter Than Snow-Sofia Jannok-Swedish Sámi singer

Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:43 pm

Sofia Jannok is a Swedish Sámi artist, singer, songwriter and radio host. Her music is inspired from diverse musical influences, like folk, pop, jazz and yoik. She sings mostly in Northern Sámi language, but a large portion of her work is in Swedish and English as well.
Many times, she has publicly taken a stance in social media against the establishment of mines on land used by Sámi reindeer herders.

My images are taken in the southern Sámi region, which we visit several times a year. All within reach by a leisurely cruise of roughly 1000 km from our home in Gothenburg. If we feel like it, we can include a scenic stretch of dirt road around an island-studded lake. An option best suited for the season with 20 hours of daylight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRAaiOVWilE

Greetings
Wolf

ps: You may also like watching one of her own films on the Sámi culture.: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riXVuhlMNQA&t=71s

Re: Whiter Than Snow-Sofia Jannok-Swedish Sámi singer

Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:54 pm

Very nice show! I enjoyed both the photos and the music.

Thanks for sharing,

Bob

Re: Whiter Than Snow-Sofia Jannok-Swedish Sámi singer

Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:56 am

Dear Wolf

Coincidence certainly does not exist among the Sami.... I watched a documentary on television this weekend about :

Artist Britta Marakatt-Labba has for decades depicted the indigenous Samí people's mythology,
relation to nature and political struggle. Now she is facing one last fight;
the battle for her culture against the threats of climate change.

A very impressive documentary that will certainly stay with me for a long time.
And this morning I'm checking the forum again and came across this nice post from you Wolf about Sofia Jannok.

coincedence ?

I do not think so :)
Post a reply