2010 Spring Challenge. My Hometown - Port Augusta

This area is for member suggested challenges using ProShow Producer only. See top thread for challenge rules.

Re: 2010 Spring Challenge. My Hometown - Port Augusta

Postby Diane48 » Sun May 23, 2010 5:59 am

I will have to think about that one Barbara!!

Cheers, Diane [quote][/quote]

Postby trulytango » Sun May 23, 2010 6:13 am

Nice work, Diane!

You created a really interesting show. It was well-thought-out and put together beautifully. I really enjoyed it.

I was wondering about the camels too. Now you tell me there are hordes of unruly camels in the Outback? Well, you learn something every day!

Thanks for posting :D
Iris
Windows 7 HP 64-bit, Intel i5 2500K Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 1.0GB Ge-Force NVIDIA GTX 560i, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Producer 6 (GPU Benchmark was 336, now 324), a big old Canon 20D and a funky Canon Powershot G15

Postby Anna J » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:06 am

Diane,
I really enjoyed seeing Port Augusta and the old photos. I never knew camels were in Australia so thanks for the education! You did a wonderful job of putting the show together with just the right number of styles used. Thanks for posting.
Anna J
Anna

Postby Diane48 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:50 pm

Thank you Anna and Iris for your comments.
We don't see many camels around here but there are many in the inland. Camel meat is being sold as a delicasee at some hotels!.

I have added a revised link to the show.

In my initial show I said at the end of the show that a new mining tax was affecting the development of Olympic Dam and we were uncertain of our future. With a change of Prime Minister the new mining tax has been revised and now will only tax coal and iron ore.
Uranium, gold and copper which is extracted at Olympic Dam will not be taxed so we are hoping that a good outcome to the Environmental Impact Statement will mean that the project will now go ahead.
We will sit back and wait for the changes to our town, hopefully bringing more emloyment prospects to our youth.

http://www.photodex.com/share/diane48/8b8w8mg4ve

Cheers, Diane

Postby tomdavis » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:02 pm

Diane. Very nice show. I also watched other shows in your album. I like your simple display in your slide shows and not all those bells and whistles.

Next to that Uranium mine area is one of the outstanding Opal fields, Andamooka. There are five outstanding opal areas in Australia. One of my other hobbies is cutting opals. I gave it up some time back as the price of opal rough went out this world. It was around $2,500 a gram for crystal opal. Of course the Black Opal was in that category also.

My other hobby is Ham Radio. Have worked many a ham in Australia over the years and your next door neighbor New Zealand. Beautiful mountain range there in that county.

Keep on posting. Many enjoy your productions.

Tom

Postby Diane48 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:06 pm

Hi Tom
Thank you for your comments and so pleased you took the time to view some of my other shows. I am redo-ing the show about my Mother for her 90th birthday party in early August. I will post it in about 5 different parts when I get it finished. I have been scratching my head about music all morning. The songs she wants and the songs that go with the photos are at opposite poles so don't know how it will end up. Have completed 4 of the parts, just down to the last 2 minutes and have struck a brick wall today!!

Yes Andamooka is very close to Roxby Downs and Olympic Dam. We have visited there several times and it can be a very dirty dusty place in the summer and when it rains the creeks flows through the centre of the town flooding everything!!
My son works at Olympic Dam in the processing area where they extract the uranium. Hopefully it won't have harmful health effects in the future. They say it won't but I do worry!

Thanks again for your comments,

Cheers, Diane

Postby mulawa1 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:43 am

And I enjoyed this show very much too. Excellent pacing and style and some great effects - especially liked the "Australian Arid Lands Botanic Gardens" slide. Your work inspires me to keep going!

Peter

Postby Diane48 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:35 am

Hi Peter
Thanks for watching. Here we all held our breath with the mining tax which thankfully won't effect Olympic Dam now. Phew!! We haven't heard much how the new resource tax will affect Queenslands mining. We go to Rockhampton regularly and see all the coal trains coming and going to Gladstone. I'll let you know if we head up the Bruce Hwy. Chatting to someone face to face about Producer would be a real buzz!! We usually go up the back way.(Burke, Charleville)
Thanks again for watching. I look forward to seeing some shows about beautiful Queensland.

Cheers, Diane

Previous

Return to PSP - Challenges