wedding animations and backgrounds

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Gold. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.

wedding animations and backgrounds

Postby kojaysnana » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:09 pm

Hello Everyone,

I need help. At this point I am very frustrated. I am trying to gather things to do a wedding slideshow. I want to use things that are sparkly and also animated text. I downloaded a sample of a lower third because it had the checkered background and I thought that was for transparency, but when I tried it, the pic did not show thru. I am afraid to purchase things that I can not use. I use Gold. I've been to digital hotcakes and tastedigital and love their items, but I can't determine what I can or cannot use. I found a church with doors that open and have figured out a decent way to use that. Please help me. I don't want to waste my money.

Thank you for any help or suggestions.

Kojay's nana

Re: wedding animations and backgrounds

Postby texan » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:30 pm

Bingo.......two programs that will do both of what you need:

http://www.visisketchpro.com/

Go to the above link and you'll get demonstrations of VisiSketch Pro and High Lighter pro........

VisiSketch, will allow you to create animated cursive writing (And a lot more), while High Lighter pro allows you to
do lots of Sparkling graphics and backgrounds. Both programs are by Dave Fitzpatrick.

Here is a short show that shows VisiSketch in action:

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... alb=152790

You can also go to Choicebackgrounds.com and obtain similar but different applications.

Hope this helps you for what you seek!!
Texan

Postby debngar » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:56 pm

Please be aware that many of these products suggested above require a masking feature to make them work in ProShow which is only available in Producer. They may not work in Gold which doesn't have that masking feature.

A transparency (png file) is an image that typically has the background cut out from around the subject for instance so just the subject is visible, nothing around it shows and then it's usually placed on top of another image or layer or whatever. It's not used to be able to see through the whole image file. Gold can use png files as a mask over another image of sorts (like a frame with the center cut out) but only if the holes are already cut out in the image and saved as a png file.

Before you buy, ask the person who is selling their wares if the product you want will work in Gold. They'll be able to tell you one way or another.

Hope that makes sense.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby texan » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:03 pm

Both VisiSketch and High Lighter Pro have their masking needs, built into the program. All you need to create
the animation effects are jpg/bmp files.

What you do in each program is create an AVI video file which is compatible to PSP. (And probably with PSG)

I have not used PSG in a couple of years...........so I'm merely assuming it can handle AVI files.

BOTH programs, by the way will allow you to download them on a trial basis to insure they'll give you the results you seek and to affirm compatibility.
Texan

Postby debngar » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:35 pm

Yes, Gold can use avi files but files created in HighlighterPro for instance, need to be duped and used over itself as a mask layer to block out the black background which requires the masking feature that is only provided in Producer. The only other way to remove the black background (making it transparent) is to use the chroma key feature in Producer. Gold doesn't have that chroma key feature either.

Without the masking feature, the avi will still have the complete black background intact around the animation/sparkles, whatever.

This is how I used it in my Bethlehem Village show at the ending slide - by duping it and using as a mask over itself, per Dave Fitzpatrick's instruction.

"Bethlehem Village" main show
http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 8237&alb=0

If one is speaking only of an avi of a video background that includes the sparkles etc, then yes, that can be used in Gold under other images but the sparkles will not be on top of the user's images. That requires masking of that element to make that work.

See Jennifer's explanation on her own choicebackground product website for further information:
http://choicebackgroundsserver.com/prod ... ts_id=1805

I highly recommend one asks the creator of these video elements whether you need Gold or not to make them work. Else you may find that you cannot use it in Gold. Dave should be able to tell you one way or another if something has changed in his programs now but I suspect that the masking feature is still required to make them work.

I'll be happy to edit/correct my posts if I've stated misleading information. :D
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby texan » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:06 pm

Thanks Debbie:

For these clarifications........

I'm just not that familiar with Gold......

I just love both of these programs, and only use PSP.
Texan

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby TinaJ » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:44 pm

I only have the trial version of Highlighter Pro, so I just tried it. Made a bitmap version, saved that, then built the avi. Put it in Gold, and it works fine except for the yellow banner. No mask needed!
Tina
PSG 3, PSP 4, Photoshop CS, Sony Alpha 200,
Grade 2/3 teacher
Somebody's Nanny all the time!

Postby kojaysnana » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:31 pm

Thanks everyone for your response.

You are the most helpful people. :) I haved decided to go to Choicebackgrounds and make a purchase. I emailed Jennifer to find out what will and won't work in Gold. I just want the slideshow to be really special for the client. This is my first time doing one for a wedding and I am excited. I have been looking at examples. I can't wait to get started.

Thanks again for your responses.

Kojays nana
(Kobe and Jayden)

Postby RZKYBZNZ » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:39 pm

How did you make out?
Mo' Better Photo Memories
Bring your most cherished memories back to life.

Postby gordonmartin » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:34 am

Hi Texan, was that Visisketch you used for the artist impression of the real estate?

If not, what did you use for that?

Cheers

Gordon

texan wrote:Bingo.......two programs that will do both of what you need:

http://www.visisketchpro.com/

Go to the above link and you'll get demonstrations of VisiSketch Pro and High Lighter pro........

VisiSketch, will allow you to create animated cursive writing (And a lot more), while High Lighter pro allows you to
do lots of Sparkling graphics and backgrounds. Both programs are by Dave Fitzpatrick.

Here is a short show that shows VisiSketch in action:

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... alb=152790

You can also go to Choicebackgrounds.com and obtain similar but different applications.

Hope this helps you for what you seek!!

Return to PSG - Third Party Applications