How to replace photos already in a show?

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

How to replace photos already in a show?

Postby banjoguy » Thu May 28, 2020 5:55 pm

Hello - I inadvertently left my processing software set for email photos instead of full resolution for the slideshow I'm putting together. Is there a way where I can "swap in" a better copy (with the same file name) for each of the ones I started building the show(s) with and have Producer pick up the new files next time I open the show to work on it? It would save me a lot of work instead of having to start over. [I'm back to using Producer because Photopia isn't quite up to what I need yet. Good to have a solid backup plan!] Thanks in advance for any help.

Duane in Austin
Duane C.
Austin, TX

Re: How to replace photos already in a show?

Postby mrdcambs » Sat May 30, 2020 2:00 am

Hi: this should be easy, as long as the high resolution photos have exactly the same names as the email ones.

1) Producer is picking up the email pics from a file (e.g. File A). Move those pics to another file.

2) Move/Copy the high resolution photos into the file where the email pics were stored (e.g. File A).

When you next open the show, it will pick up the high resoltion versions.

Regards - Mike - UK

Re: How to replace photos already in a show?

Postby banjoguy » Sat May 30, 2020 7:23 am

Thanks, Mike - I wasn't sure whether it would be that simple, so what I ended up doing was re-exporting the same images at hi-rez using a trailing sequence number to the same folder. Then I went through the slide detail window dragging and dropping the newer photo file on top of the one in the top layer. A bit more work, but not terrible. I have a previous show that had this problem and I had decided not to worry about it (since it was done in Photopia and I don't think it's as simple there). Thanks for the quick response and giving some hope in case I make the same error again. Hopefully not!

Duane
Duane C.
Austin, TX

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks