Forum Behavior

This is where I'll post messages asking for your help and/or make announcements regarding the ProShow Enthusiasts Message Board.
Site Admin

Forum Behavior

Postby MG - Admin » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:04 pm

I'd like to take a few minutes to explain why the forum was disabled for a short time today. My intention was to leave it disabled until Monday, but it isn't fair to those that are looking for help, or for those that want to provide that help. The forum is available once again for those that use the forum for the purpose it was designed for: To create a community that wishes to expand their knowledge of the ProShow software products, as well as share their expertise and ideas with others in a welcoming manner. It's as simple as that.

The "Sample Shows and Feedback" sections of the forum are set as "read only" at this time. They will remain this way until I can come up with an idea that will allow members to share their shows and get the feedback they desire to help improve their creations without allowing the forum to fall back into the black hole that we've experienced the last several days. This forum was never intended to be a showcase to display shows that are created by members. Did I allow it? Yes. However, what was once a harmless practice in the beginning has now turned into a very difficult scenario with a few members deciding that they want to post shows that are controversial or hurtful to others. They feel that their right to post whatever they want regardless of it's affect on the forum should be acceptable. It's not. I've always tried to be open and not censor such material hoping that people would be respectful and either ignore the shows that they found offensive, or at the very most discuss the technical issues and leave the debating to be done in private. That hasn't happened. This does not comply with the spirit of the forum. In showing respect to the community and to me as moderator of the forum I had hoped that each member would stop and think about whether their show was suited for this audience, or if they would have been better off sharing it elsewhere. I didn't think it was too much to ask. Apparently it was.

I'm also going to lay some blame with those that felt it necessary to respond publicly in a manner that caused even greater tension. We're all adults and should know that by responding in a negative manner it only incites more anger. Please try to avoid making things worse by adding to the problem. Responding in private is my best suggestion, but even then I have to ask that you be respectful and don't lower yourself to making comments that only adds fuel to the fire.

That's it for now. I'm sorry to those of you that have been disappointed in the activities recently. I hope going forward that we'll see a more positive atmosphere and we can get back to what we enjoy.

Mike

Site Admin

Re: Forum Behavior

Postby MG - Admin » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:19 pm

Please note that posting shows and commenting on them is once again available. Please refer to the guidelines posted in the PSG and PSP "Sample Shows and Feedback" sections for instructions on how to gain access.

Thank you for everyone's patience! :D

Mike

Return to News and Announcements