Style pack reading Stops Crash Program

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

Style pack reading Stops Crash Program

Postby EJAB » Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:59 pm

Hi Guys-Girls,,,, Its been a Loong Loooong,,, Time. My problem is as follows : About a Month ago I downloaded some (Freebie) Style packs from a mate of Pete's UK.
When I loaded them into Producer the Style and Transition reader went to work checking all old and new Packs as normal. However,, it checked 80% (Old and New) stopped and Producer turned off.
Now, it kept doing this over and over,, at the same style. I then went about chasing down the problem,,- I uninstalled all of the packs from the program file and in fact from my computer.
To my utter despair, when I ran the program again Producer still recognized this style and stopped again even though those style packs were gone. I then did a fresh install but it made no difference.
I made contact with the UK person who created this range but he had not experienced this problem before! SO,, I NEED HELP.

Trust you are all well,, I poke my head in from time to time but only as a guest. I have worked with Producer from V3 and used V5 for around Six or Seven ,,Current version is V9.

Re: Style pack reading Stops Crash Program

Postby Riekelt » Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:12 am

it seems that you need a real clean start of PSP.

how ?

We had this discussion at : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=24368#p179194

take a look

succes !
Riekelt Koffeman

WIN10 PSP 9.0
MAC OSX Photoshop / Lightroom
Foto CANON 80D

Postby EJAB » Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:28 am

Morning Riekelt,, Many thanks for you Link. Mona is extremely smart when it comes to this program. She has helped me out before. I will have good read today when the sun comes up.

Regards John .B.

Postby EJAB » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:22 am

Not having a great deal of success up to date friend. Seems like all the older members have just given up. Don't blame them.
Your effort has been appreciated,,, but does not seem to address the problem. I am a cause and effect person!! I need to know the cause,, then how to fix it,,. Now the cause I know,, (should not have downloaded the unknown Style Pack),,, But I'm a driver only of this program,, not a mechanic and I need to ask if the vehicle stops.
Now having said that,,, I know that a reinstall would most likely fix this problem,, however that would mean reinstalling Two Thousand Style packs together with Eight Hundred Transitions,,
and I have enough trouble remembering what I did Yesterday,,, let alone where I put all the style packs,, trans,,, codes,,, Etc Etc to reinstall.
I'm a tough and stubborn old man nowadays!! but those who know me no I wont give up.

Regards John Byron (Melbourne Australia)

Postby cherub » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:14 am

Hi John,
Just to show you that I'm still visiting and going through the posts. :D
However, I don't have anything to add to what Riekelt wrote above.
Just this !!!!!!
You should know that if your styles and transitions were installed correctly at their time, , they are not installed in the program directory but elsewhere on your computer. Only the very basic styles that come with the program itself go the program directory. Styles and transitions of 3rd party vendors, or purchased from Photodex are found in the path: C:\ProgramData\Photodex\ProShow
So, when you say that you erased all your styles/transitions, I don't really know to which ones you are referring.
In any case, a clean install won't erase those "Two Thousand Style packs together with Eight Hundred Transitions" unless you yourself had decided to put them in the program directory instead of the right place.

Besides.... why on earth would you need so many effects? Maybe now is the time for a bit of cleanup ? :D

Postby EJAB » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:44 pm

Hi Mona. Am I glad to see you. You know after all these years I never stop learning. You just told me what I've been trying to sort out most of this last week. I could not understand where they were kept, and why only the Program style folder showed so few. It also explains why the program stops loading. The styles are still all there including the corrupt one. Yes,, its time to have a clean up
I spent all of yesterday putting all things Proshow in one place,, and I guess not before time. Why so many? Well I just do not have the interest and or the talent to try to create them myself,, and there has been so many nice helpful and talented people creating them I've tried to support most of them. Its like I mentioned,, I'm a Driver. Had a Birthday late last month,, (Eighty One) could
explain why I am forgetful. Ill keep you in the loop as to the success or failure to fix. In the meantime ,, Keep well, safe, and happy.

Kind Regards
EJAB (Aka John Byron Melbourne Australia)

Postby EJAB » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:23 pm

MONA - MONA - MONA. You can walk on water. So simple. Program data File was hidden,, fixed that and ,,, their they were. Just deleted the Postcard series,, and 2217 all back and Producer up and running.

You have done it again.

Happy,, Happy,, Happy.

Thank you.
J.B

P.S. I will get around to cleaning soon. :roll:

Postby cherub » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:26 pm

:D :D :D :D :D :D
Great! You made my day !

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:08 pm

Mona, pleased you are happy, and so you should be. You have helped so many people over the last 14 years.

To think 14 years ago I was just retired from work, tomorrow I'm 82. Where do the years go?
Briancbb (Brian, Clown by birth)
Thanks Al for the signature
Producer v6.0 Build 3410

Postby cherub » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:39 pm

Hi Brian,
So pleased to see that you still browse this forum. Yes, the years do go by.
I am happy when I can help somebody, yes, but also I never forget that others have helped me, especially in the beginning.
All my best to you and yours,

Esteemed Member

Postby quetzal » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:22 pm

Thank Cherub for helping us. Take care of you, 'cause we're using Producer for a long time again. quetzal

Return to PSP - General Discussion