Getty photo requests

Discuss photography techniques, equipment, etc. here.

Getty photo requests

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:18 am

This is a trip through the Getty photo archives along with the requests they receive. It's anything but a dry narration. Check it out to see what I mean:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zve2chDhB_4

Barbara

dnmilikan

Re: Getty photo requests

Postby dnmilikan » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:38 am

That was so funny!!!Thanks for passing this on..
Don

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby stickgirl » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:00 am

That was great! Thanks Barbara.

Kathy

Postby Anna J » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:27 am

WOW! The narration was funny.
The animation was awesome.
Maybe the January forum challenge could be to make a small show similar to this. (project not due until Dec. 2010) :lol:
Barbara, how did Laurie Hill make all those black & white cutouts do all that running around?
Anna
Anna

Postby trulytango » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:32 am

Brilliant! 8)

Postby ChrissyC » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:20 pm

This was facinating! and so fun to watch.

Postby BarbaraC » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:41 pm

Anna J wrote:Barbara, how did Laurie Hill make all those black & white cutouts do all that running around?

I haven't even the teeniest, tiniest idea.

Barbara

Postby Frankie » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:03 pm

Thanks, Barbara. I needed a good chuckle tonight and this did the trick.

Merry Christmas,
Frankie

Postby debngar » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:27 pm

by BarbaraC on Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:41 pm

Anna J wrote:Barbara, how did Laurie Hill make all those black & white cutouts do all that running around?

I haven't even the teeniest, tiniest idea.

I know..... very carefully! :D :D :D LOL

That video was really funny. I always wondered why people get so excited when they supposedly see an image of Mary or Jesus on something since no one alive knows what they looked like.

We had an image in our hardware store door jam that looked like the image of Our Lady Guadalupe. It was caused by the door rubbing against layers and layers of different colored paint over years and years.

Now, I'm not a Catholic but someone noticed and word got out and a bunch of people brought their family members to the store door and did some kind of ceremonial thing while standing next to it. We never told the newspapers or anything because we didn't want publicity like that. Eventually when we did the remodel of the front of the store this last year, we replaced the old pair of front doors and cut her out. Then we gave her to some lady who sent it to some Bishop back east. I suppose we could have sold it on ebay but we didn't feel right about doing that. LOL

I nicknamed her "Our Lady Of The Door" ! LOL

I'm not sure if I still have a picture, think I do, but don't know how to insert it in a post for you to see.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby BarbaraC » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:09 am

Debbie, there's something both very funny and very sad about the image in the hardware store. Funny because of what it was, sad because of how willing people are to believe anything and everything.

Do you have somewhere online where you can store pictures? If so, you should be able to give the URL and use the "Img" tags to post it here. I wonder, would it work with the picture storage at Photodex?

Barbara

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby seektheburd » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:51 am

Hi Barbara,
Thanks for sharing that link. What a creative show! Great story with alot of neat editing tricks.

Hugs,
Stephanie

PS-And Debbie, I loved your story about "Our Lady of the Door." :D
Photodex Gallery: http://www.photodex.com/share/stephanieseek

HP Pavilion p6580t Desktop;Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; i5-750 Quad-Core; 1.5GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 230.
Photodex Producer 5
Adobe Photoshop CS6
Pinnacle Studio 14 Ultimate Collection

Postby debngar » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:21 am

Barbara,

I always forget about being able to put up images on my Photodex album! LOL I have a few up there already, such as a larger image of my Avitar, etc. But I just forget about using it for other images. Once I found out that you couldn't get them off in decent quality I stopped using it for that. But that's ok, keeps people from getting them in large size files with a right-click.

If i ever get time, I'll try to see if I can find the image. Hmmm, that might have made a funny, short little show but not much to it, just the story and the strange image. It's on my desktop PC and now that I'm using LR workiing on my laptop, it will take more work to dig it up. Had I been at the store when hubby gave the lady the piece of the door, I would have taken pictures. But I'm only at the store average 1 day a week and wasn't there that day.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby BarbaraC » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:29 am

might have made a funny, short little show but not much to it, just the story and the strange image.

It's law that wherever the interesting images are is where we aren't. And if we're there, our cameras aren't. It is the code we all live by.

Barbara

Return to Photography