Sept/Oct 08 - "STUCK" - Debbie

This area is for member suggested challenges using ProShow Producer only. See top thread for challenge rules.

Sept/Oct 08 - "STUCK" - Debbie

Postby debngar » Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:26 pm

Ok, so this isn't really a how-to but thought it might fit in anyways.

Purely done for fun! A very simple show, lousy photography, no continuity with the images because I mixed them up to fit the plot. So things might look a bit strange. But overlooking that, the story line is funny. Ok, so I embellished a bit too.

I posted in another area of the forum about my DVD player eating a DVD and not wanting it to give it back to me. I'be been so busy It took me about a month to get around to trying to remove it.

"Stuck" - 3:25 - No Video Clips
http://www.photodex.com/share/debngar/6289dmg4
Last edited by debngar on Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Honorary ProShow PHD

Re: Sept/Oct 08 - "STUCK" - Debbie

Postby TinaJ » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:19 am

That was just too funny!!! I feel your pain!
TinaJ
PSG 3, PSP 4, Photoshop CS, Sony Alpha 200,
Grade 2/3 teacher
Somebody's Nanny all the time!

Postby trulytango » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:45 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Where there's a will, there's a way!

Your next player had better behave itself! :shock:

TTFN
Iris

Postby cherub » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:55 am

Hilarious ! :D :D :D
I read your other thread too, but this was fantastic !

Esteemed Member

Postby WBD » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:32 am

Debbie

I watched your DVD show about a half hour ago and I'm still chuckling. My only question is before giving your DVD player a lobotomy, did you give it lots of love and tenderness to see if it would give up the DVD on its own?

Bruce

Postby HunnyB » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:53 am

CUTE, CUTE, and TOO CUTE.
Everyone needs to know "how to" destroy a DVD player!!!!!
Funny.
:mrgreen:
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

Postby debngar » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:09 am

My only question is before giving your DVD player a lobotomy, did you give it lots of love and tenderness to see if it would give up the DVD on its own?

You're joking, right? That thing was about 8 years old and though I often have things a very long time and try to take good care of them, this thing had been acting up for a while. When it wouldn't cough up the DVD, we just figured it was time to replace it anyways. After checking around, I found that the drawer is often the first thing to go in anyways.

I'm pretty happy with the new player one we bought. Even though it's not state of the art blu-ray, I can see a HUGE difference in the quality of playback on the TV. Wow. :shock:

After reading your post, of course now I'm getting more ideas as to the kinds of pictures I could have taken and it would have been even more funny I think. But I was on my own and it was really awkward trying to snap those pics of myself and get things in the frame, etc etc.

Oh well, if I get the chance to do something else like this, at least I have the ideas in my head. :D
Debbie

Esteemed Member

Postby WBD » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:48 am

Debbie

I couldn’t resist, I just had to go back and view your DVD player demolition derby again. And again I’m laughing. This show is defiantly one to bring a smile to anyone who watches it. Absolutely great!

Bruce

Postby debngar » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:06 am

Hunny, Mona, Iris and Tina,

Thanks for watching. I hope I'm not overstepping the bounds of the subject but can't very often do a show with a specified theme like this and come up with anything decent. That's why I haven't been participating in some of the challenges.

I wish I had the quick wit and sense of humor some of you have. :roll: Al is REALLY good at putting a witty show together. I miss those!

Thankss again! :)
Debbie

Postby ChrissyC » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:20 am

Ohhh Debbie, your show was just adorable..I watched first thing this morning with my first cup of coffee...I was laughing out loud, my husband asked what I was watching, I told him your story and told him he just had to see this, he remembers when I had the same problem and was hitting it with a shoe! My husband had a chuckle or 2 as well.....what a fun way to start the dreaded Monday! what is it about Monday's.....worst day of the week for me!Debbie, you gave me a good laugh, I enjoyed it so much.
:D :D :D
Chrissy

Valued Member

Postby Wilcovr » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:08 am

Debbie,

Nice tutorial :lol:
When can we expect the tutorial for the lost coin in the washingmachine.
Would be a fun topic.

You made me laugh. Thank you.

Wilco
Nikon D40x, Adobe Master Collection CS5, Bluff Titler, HLP, VSP, Producer v4.5, Juice

Postby debngar » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:19 am

When can we expect the tutorial for the lost coin in the washingmachine.

Hmmm, now that would REALLY be a two person project! LOL

Funny idea!
Debbie

Postby BarbaraC » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:36 am

Sorry, Debbie, but you're wrong. You're sense of humor is right up there with the best. Even before I watched this show and back when you were describing your battles with the criminal machine, I was laughing. Your show brought my imaginings to the big screen, and I laughed in full color right along with you.

It is most certainly a how-to. How to get ticked off, how to get back what has been stolen, how to get revenge, and let us not forget the all-powerful how to laugh at ourselves.

Your shows have never, not ever disappointed.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby debngar » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:09 am

As my afterthoughts grow, I really really would have liked to have added at least a couple more pics for the story but didn't get them.

Imagine this... me pleading to the DVD player to PLEASE GIVE ME BACK MY DVD as I make silly attempts to bribe it in all sorts of ways. Well, maybe that would take more than 2 images. :wink: Probably would turn into another whole chapter to the story before getting to the real desperate part where I get the hammer out. LOL Then I would have been disqualified or perhaps chastised a bit for having too long of a show because it might have taken another 3 min or so. :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Debbie

Postby BarbaraC » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:28 am

If my player ever steals a DVD, I'll send it across the country to you and you can make a whole new show. Consider it a donation. Maybe the postal or UPS workers can take a few pictures of the package during its travels.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Next

Return to PSP - Challenges