Video to your website - Some of the choices

Not sure if what you want to post fits in the other forums? Post it here!
Honorary ProShow PHD

Re: Video to your website - Labor Day Weekend Special

Postby dilyla » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:54 am

Colleen -

Because of my "nerdy" software curiosity, I had to succumb & check out the link of the web builder program you use. The "add on" they provide is the same free one I referenced in my link. :)

You'd still be locked in to the "non-commercial" use... they provide the link to the Creative Commons license on their plugin site to this multiplayer. Might be something you'd want to check out before getting your money back from VideoJukebox. :)

- Diana
Dilyla's Designs
Aspire to inspire before you expire.

Postby czali » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:11 am

Diana,

Thanks so much I will take a look at this. It seems a little strange that they would offer something that can not be used for commercial purposes. Thanks again,

Colleen

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby dilyla » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:29 am

Colleen --

I was thinking... perhaps it would be worth contacting the plugin program company directly. I just wonder about "non-commerical" usage under the Creative Commons licensing... Perhaps use on a commercial site would be acceptable as long as there wasn't money generated directly from the multi-player? For instance, it would definitely be "for profit" if you developed web sites for others & included this player in the web page & sold it. But, is it 'commercial use' if we use it to display our videos that we derive income from?

Please post back what you find out. I'd be really interested in the outcome/interpretation of the licensing agreement.

- Diana
Dilyla's Designs

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby dilyla » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:37 am

Colleen-

I think found the answer to the "commercial use" question on their licensing. I just got an email from with a discount coupon if I needed commercial licensing. Here's the list from the email that describes *when* it is considered 'commercial usage.'

You must buy a commercial license if:
Your site has ads (Google AdSense, banners, etc.)
You remove the Player's attribution (eliminate the right-click link)
You are a corporation (government & non-profit are free)
You are a content management system

Simply using it to show demo videos definitely wouldn't fall in these categories -- that is unless your business is incorporated or if you are running your website with banner ads or a blog with ads.

Just thought I'd pass along the info.

- Diana
Dilyla's Designs

Postby czali » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:04 pm

Diana,

Thanks so much! I had not even had a chance to look into yet. Sounds like it will work for me.

Colleen

Postby nannybear » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:29 pm

http://www.featherstonesolutions.com/VJ ... video.html

That is what I ended up with! After all that I find the screen just a little too small.. I tried Flash Video Studio 2 and got this. Now mind you it was a short producer show. I put a large one in and it said it would take 38 hours to render! So I am attempting a short show on my Custom Print stuff and see how that looks.

http://www.featherstonesolutions.com/Videos/Movie.html

I have asked Shawn for my money back, but I did ask him Diane about your XML questions etc. I looked at the files but couldn't see where you would change it. Hopefully he can give you an answer. Hope all goes well for everyone else. Cheers Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Postby nannybear » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:59 am

Diana - They haven't answered your questions so not sure if you can change that stuff. I did look at the xml but didn't notice any place to change color values. sorry, you always end up helping me way more than I ever help you. Your directions for it were great, I obviously did something backwards.
I did my new show in Producer which produced an AVI that was over 1 Gig. Flash Video Studio ouput in less than 15 minutes and this is what I got. Only three files to upload and easy to change the background and configure the page.

http://www.featherstonesolutions.com/Vi ... tdemo.html

I don't know with out spending lots of money, to put a show with lots of video in it up. That just seems to take up too much resources. thanks again for all your help, you are the guru!! Cheers and hugs...Jan
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby dilyla » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:31 pm

Jan -

The quality of your flash video was great but it seemed to take FOREVER for it to buffer/load. What size of flash file did that 1G avi output to? I can't imagine a prospective customer/client waiting that long to see the video.

I quickly checked out the Flash Video Studio program & the price is very reasonable if that's the quality -- plus whatever page I hit first on the search (don't know if was the program's web page or not -- didn't pay attention) had a $10 coupon off, too.

BUT, I didn't see any kind of option for multi-player videos. Is there? I have tons of programs that convert avi to flash output... that's not what I'm looking for. I want the multi-player for demos -- a configurable one.

I'm sure it's possible to edit that xml file in VideoJukebox. I just don't know the coding to add the color commands. I asked for a refund, too. We'll see... haven't heard anything yet. The free one I put the link to above (the same one Colleen can get the plugin for through her web builder program) is a lot more flexible & you can change the "skin" on it where it will somewhat blend into an existing page. Haven't look into how flexible it is on the size of the video player in this program. I plan on digging into it further & see how easy it is to build your own skins. AND, it's xml file that calls the playlist is "do-able" as far as editing it .. it's pretty straight forward & I understand it! :)

BTW, great job on those photo-to-art samples in your video!

- Diana
Dilyla's Designs

Postby nannybear » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:00 pm

22,705KB, but it didn't take hardly anytime to load for me. I am on shaw highspeed which is pretty fast up here and most people use that. Actually let me just check on the old computer how long it takes...

Old computer - 3 minutes to load
New computer - 1 minute to load
I also used the Sorensen output as that was the default but maybe I should try the Flash 8 one and see the difference....I will post the link to the Flash One - same show - maybe better?

It does have a batch publish utility, which I haven't used. You can customize the skins so maybe email them and ask them about the multiplayer thing.
I got an email from Jane about the refund:

Hi Jan,

If you would like a refund for your purchase of VJB please send a copy of your receipt from Clickbank to jane@topnetsolutions.net with the subject line "refund".

Please state the reason for requesting a refund.

--
Best Regards,

Jane Tanner
Customer Care
TopNet Solutions
support@topnetsolutions.net

Off to redo, cheers Jan -ps yah love doing that art thing.... :wink:

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby dilyla » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:14 pm

My DSL has been acting screwy all day. We're getting the rains from the Gustav hurricane so that may be influencing things. Got to consider, too, since I'm in front of the computer probably an average of 18 hours a day, I am NOT patient on page loads. Truth be known, it may have only been a minute or a little longer! :) I'll have to go back & retry watching & time it this time just to see if it's just me being impatient.!

Not know how to go about requesting the refund, I went ahead and attached the receipt with the request AND told them why I was requesting a refund. So, seems I covered that part OK ... I'll give them a few days before following up with the request.

I'll watch for the repost of the video with the Flash 8 output. I think the other is great, though. Would be interesting to see if one is smaller file size, anyway.

- Diana
Dilyla's Designs

Postby czali » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:35 pm

Diana,

I was trying to upload a quick sample from Jeroen's flash player. My web builder created an extension that basically allows you to the load the FLV file very easily and choose color opions and button views. It seemed so easy and worked very well in a preview mode. Then I went to load it to my site to post a link for you guys and it shows the player but the video does not play. Nothing. I must be missing something. I thought since you know alot more about this stuff I would ask???

Colleen

Postby nannybear » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:37 pm

Ok here is the Flash 8 one. Not bad, loads fast, but the font seems to have to "focus"??? I am done for the day - I am off to play golf.....cheers Jan

http://www.featherstonesolutions.com/Vi ... lash8.html

Edit: went back in and redid by unchecking optimize redundant frames and I changed the frame rate to thirty. Let me know how this loads for you....... :roll: I know I said I was going golfing...but since it is on the WII machine I can pause it....hahahaha Stay safe down there you guys!! hugs Jan

Colleen: don't have that or I would try and help. Can I access without having it to look??? trial or something?

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby dilyla » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:36 pm

Jan - I don't think the Wii qualifies as actually "playing golf"! :D I used to play back when my joints would take it and I don't ever remember being able to "pause" my game, unless that's new slang for sitting down on the course & taking a break? :D -- I tried watching the new video and it plays for about 1/3 way through & then stops. I waited thinking it was buffering more, but it never restarted for me. I started it over & it did the same thing. I agree though that the text wasn't as crisp as the first one (I can't get this last re-do to load at all). It has to be my connection. I'll try again tomorrow & see if things are better. On a side note, I'm in no danger from Gustav except for flash flooding. We're dead center US -- WAY away from any coastlines, just getting the rain & storms. BUT, Colleen is in Florida & my daughter is in Georgia -- they might be facing Hurricane Hanna in a couple of days?

Colleen - Speaking of hurricanes, are you going to be effected by Hanna?

I tried to make a multi-player page tonight, but I'm not having any luck. ARRGGH. I can get the single video player to play fine, but struggling on the multiplayer. I assume you're trying to do a multi player? What are you using to call your playlist? A xml file? Are you embedding the player or using Javascript? If you want to PM me the web address of what you uploaded, I'll look at the source and MAYBE between what you have and what I have, I might be able to add 1+1 and figure out what we're BOTH doing wrong. :D And, hopefully it's two different things & not the same. :D

I'll continue to work on my end & see if I can figure it out. Your's MAY be a little be different if it's integrated within your webbuilder software.

- Diana
Dilyla's Designs

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby dilyla » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:32 pm

Colleen-

Took me a couple of hours, but I finally got the multiplayer going and all figured out like I wanted it to be! YEAH! :D

Below is a link to a sample. The red colors in the player were my choice because (if I ever getting around to re-doing it and getting it back up on the web!) that's the color scheme on my video business website. I did a 4-player & there can be lots more (I believe the playlist will just scroll down if I kept adding to it). I did two of the backgrounds & 2 of my sample shows. I even configured it to buffer for 10 seconds before playing (not necessary on the 10 second background samples I used) but it does make the shows (which are pretty big) buffer before starting & that made them play straight through without having to re-buffer.

It seems pretty unlimited as to what you can configure. If you don't have all the options within your webbuilder, you might be able to make the changes in notepad & then ftp it into your site. Is your web builder program locally hosted --ie a downloadable program on your computer? -- or web based? Can you ftp into your site?

Anyway, here's the link:

http://computercraftetc.com/share/test3/newtest.htm

Tell me what you want to see and/or know. Want a list of files I uploaded? Want to see the actual page script (you can view the source from my page of course), or want to see a copy of my playlist.xml which calls the playlist into the player? Want a tutorial on the whole thing? :) Just let me know what you need/what would help you most.

- Diana
Dilyla's Designs

Postby czali » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:23 am

Diana,

Looks great! I actually was just trying to upload one show b/c I only had one old FLV to test. I log on to a web hosting company seperate from the web builder that was purchased. I use an ftp log in. I am so unfamiliar with the terminology, I hope I am saying it right.

The web builder extension allows to easily do this with out having to mess with HTML. I dowloaded the extension and placed it where needed in my files. Then I opened the program within WYSIWYG. It takes just a few click and you add the FLV file. When I preview the video it looks great. Do I need to load the SWF files somehow as well? I know it is hard b/c you are not looking at what I am. Here is the link.

http://www.photosremembered.com/show_viewer.html

Let me know if you see anything.

Colleen

PreviousNext

Return to Odds & Ends