1/2/08 DJ Website Posts Double Alpha Swipes Tutorial

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.
ProShow Hall of Fame

1/2/08 DJ Website Posts Double Alpha Swipes Tutorial

Postby seektheburd » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:27 am

Hello ProShow friends,
I just wanted to quickly share that a new tutorial has been posted on the Digital Juice Website for Proshow! Scroll down on the main page to the "Today in DJ Blog" section. How exciting! And thank you Mark Beeken for the tutorial!

Stephanie
Last edited by seektheburd on Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Photodex Gallery: http://www.photodex.com/share/stephanieseek

HP Pavilion p6580t Desktop;Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; i5-750 Quad-Core; 1.5GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 230.
Photodex Producer 5
Adobe Photoshop CS6
Pinnacle Studio 14 Ultimate Collection

Postby cherub » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:57 am

Their main page is so very crowded that I can't seem to find it.
Could you give us a direct link?

Edit post:

Never mind, I think I found it:

http://www.digitaljuice.com/dj_blog/det ... &postid=8#

MarkBUK

Re: Digital Juice Website Posts Double Alpha Swipes Tutorial

Postby MarkBUK » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:16 am

seektheburd wrote:And thank you Mark Beeken for the tutorial!
Stephanie

No problems :D :D

One thing to note...there is an error in the flash tutorial as it presently stands as it incorrectly states that the tutorial is for Proshow Gold. This is not the case - all the information (steps, screenshots etc) I sent to DJ were for Proshow Producer and the steps will not work in Proshow Gold as Gold does not support layer masking in the same way that Producer does.

Hopefully this will be corrected shortly by DJ but, thought I would mention it on here to try and save some confusion :D

Mark

GOLD cannot do masking.......

Postby debngar » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:16 am

Step 3's instruction says to launch ProShow Gold.

There is a showing of mixed screens. Step 3 and Step 7 screens says ProShow Gold in the captured screenshots.

Step 5 clearly is a Producer screen because of the masking and template features shown even though it does not say "Producer".

Unless Photodex just upgraded Gold recently and never changed the comparison chart, Gold can't do masking nor can they do templates.

I posted a comment to alert them.

I hope no Gold users buy the swipes to find that out the hard way.....

Debbie

MarkBUK

Re: GOLD cannot do masking.......

Postby MarkBUK » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:58 am

debngar wrote:Step 3's instruction says to launch ProShow Gold.
There is a showing of mixed screens. Step 3 and Step 7 screens says ProShow Gold in the captured screenshots.

Step 5 clearly is a Producer screen because of the masking and template features shown even though it does not say "Producer".

As per my original posting in this thread, the emails, steps and screenshots I originally sent to DJ were for Proshow Producer and will not work in Proshow Gold. Unfortunately, what appears to have happened is that the DJ people that did the flash went and took some of their own screenshots using Gold which they merged with the screenshots I took from Producer resulting in the mish mash that is presently online.

I have directly emailed DJ's CEO making him aware of this and asking that:
1) all references to Proshow Gold be changed to Producer;
2) all titlebars in the screenshots be either obscured to hide the "Gold" text or completely cropped off

Unfortunately, the first I saw of the final Flash was when it was uploaded to the website so, I couldn't say anything beforehand but, DJ are usually very quick to respond and accomodate requests so, hopefully, the Flash and website will be updated shortly.

Mark

Postby debngar » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:04 pm

Mark,

Other than the small mix-up, I just wanted to say that the tutorial should be very helpful for those needing that information.

Thanks!

Debbie

MarkBUK

Postby MarkBUK » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:10 pm

Debbie,

No worries...I did the original guide for the lower thirds that are hereand thought I would do the same for the new swipes.

It was actually DJ that did all the hard work. All I did was figure out how to make them work within Producer and then send them a series of screenshots along with step by step instructions. They did all of the hard stuff making all the funky Flash stuff that makes it look so great and easy to follow!

Mark

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications