Vegas Movie Studio

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.

Postby newtcruiser » Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:20 pm

Mikey, your puppy is soooooo cute!!! What breed is she? Welcome to my world. My puppy just turned 6 months and was spayed on Wednesday. She just chewed her first thing today. . . . .our bedroom door jamb so I am not so happy. . . . . but I guess, all being said, I can't complain if that is the only thing since we have had her. She doesn't like being alone, and outgrew her crate so I think things are going to get harder now.

Have fun with your new pup. . . . they are so much fun (when they are not chewing).

Linda :lol:

Postby gpsmikey » Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:26 pm

He is a little samoyed - native to siberia and virtually impossible to freeze :D
Excellent dogs with people and children.

As far as your dog goes, I would suggest getting a larger crate -- a crate
is really a great thing for them since it is their "house/den". Toss it in the
car and it is great for travel (especially after running the fool dog in the
surf and sand !! :D ). As far as the chewing goes, check out a product called
Granick's "Bitter Apple" - it is a spray you can put on things that tastes really
bad to the critters but make sure they do have an apropriate number of
chew toys. And resign yourself to the fact that some things are going to
be history (with our last two, we came home one day to discover our 50 foot
good rubber garden hose was in 3 distinct pieces and a bunch more holes
in it). :cry:

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby BarbaraC » Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:01 am

That's the kind of trouble we could all use a bit of. Who cares about chewed shoes and piddle on the kitchen floor when the perp looks like that?

Keep taking those pictures and then give us an amusing show such as only you could do.

Barbara

From pups to final decisions

Postby BarbaraC » Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:29 am

Roxio's MyDVD is history. It doesn't bode well when the main menu doesn't work, and that's exactly what happened. I could choose any one of the four shows on the menu, the player would search, and then it return to the same spot on the menu. Who knows how well it did with the four example shows? I don't, and I'm not willing to fool around with it.

So the decision is Sony even though its interface is a little confusing to me right now. I'll learn it, so that's no big deal.

On the way to the above decision, I learned that--at least for my LCD TV (currently no access to the other two TV's)--the very best choice seems to be AVI progressive uncompressed. I'm entirely unsure about MPEG because a strange thing happened to both versions: they were stretched horizontally. This is utterly weird since it was the same show and all settings were the same except for the file format choices in output. I'll have to go back in there and check to see if there's some kind of default set for MPEG that's different from the one for AVI.

But that's it. I'm done. I'm tired of the whole business.

No, wait a minute. I also burned a disk from the ISO file and found that all the pictures filled the screen as expected, but using Sony, everything was smaller. I suspect this is because I used "Fit to Safe Zone" when creating the original show in Producer, and then in Sony, it reapplied this same setting, thus decreasing the size of what was there. It's going to require some playing with the settings to see how to cure this...unless you already know the answer, Mikey.

If anyone has a suggestion for yet another DVD authoring program, don't tell me about it. I've had more than enough of all this fussy fiddly testing.

Barbara

Postby czali » Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:44 pm

Barb, Thanks for the update on the testing. Sorry it did not go as well as planned. I guess I better not mess with what works for me.

Mikey, the dog is so precious. You must have fallen hard already.

Merry Christmas! I can not believe I am on here on Christmas!!!

Colleen

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Dec 25, 2007 6:19 pm

I'm here on Christmas too. Sad, isn't it? :D

With all the fooling around, with all the installing and uninstalling, my system has turned unstable. Some of that instability came from doing what I should know better than to do, which is to allow Microsoft to update drivers. Stupid me. The last time I let it do this was a few years ago, allowing an update to my video driver, which didn't take long to kill the computer deader than that old door nail. So what did I allow to be updated this time? The video driver. :shock: I fixed it enough so I could spend part of today backing up all the stuff I've been too lazy to back up, and tomorrow will begin all the fun. Sure, when I'm done, the machine will be like new, but it usually takes about a week to get things back to the way I like them.

The above has made me reconsider using a DVD authoring program. Why? Probably because it was the last thing my computer ate before it got sick. Not a good reason, but I'm cranky right now. :evil:

(Swear words, really bad ones.)

Barbara

jtfrazer

Postby jtfrazer » Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:12 am

Hi Barbara,

I'm a bit late getting into this thread. I've used Vegas Movie Studio for a few years now. I originally bought it because I was running into so many bugs in the Pinnacle product I got when purchasing my video camera. I've made a number of shows which have included AVI files from Producer as well as video that I've taken. I currently use the "Platinum" version. Using VMS and Producer in combo can be very effective.

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:32 am

You're not too late, not in the sense that I've already wiped my hard drive, though that's on today's schedule. After sleeping on it, I realized that my problems with drivers have nothing at all to do with Sony Vegas, and so I changed my mind (again), deciding that I'll buy it as soon as I've gotten everything else on this #$&!@ computer back into working order. I'm probably going to get only the authoring part of Vegas since I can't imagine what I'd use Movie Studio for, being that I only want to "package" my shows on a DVD.

Barbara

She just chewed her first thing today. .

Postby bob walden » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:33 pm

Just like kids, it's a stage they go through. Helga, our German Shepard was a terror!! She ate everything. Two remotes and a calculator. Shoes were a delicacy!! Then, one day it just stopped. Maybe an occasional mail mans leg or a little foo foo dog. Just kidding!! She's very well trained and behaved! So be patient and put things out of reach for a while. Just like you would do for a child. The love they return is well worth the effort!!

Mikey, really cute!! Next time I'm in the area I'll bring Helga over and they can play outside in the snow. Helga loves the cold and snow!! I did a little show last year of her in the snow. I'll try and find it!

Bob W.

Postby gpsmikey » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:50 pm

Sounds good to me !! Yes, a fresh bottle of Bitter Apple works wonders
most of the time. If they really get into something they KNOW they shouldn't
I have sprayed the Bitter Apple directly in their mouth when I caught them
(you cover their eyes so there is no danger of getting it in the eyes). They
REALLY hate the taste of that stuff. (and make sure you do have plenty
of fuzzy, squeeky toys for them too).

Check out the "post digging in the mud" pix on my sammy web page for
a laugh !! http://home.comcast.net/~mr.gadget2/Sammy_tails.htm

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Previous

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications