do I need Photoshop to use Juice drops?

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.
wennix

do I need Photoshop to use Juice drops?

Postby wennix » Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:25 pm

Up till now I have been using Microsoft Digital Image Pro for all my photo editing. Then I checked out Digital Juice and loved some of the Juice drops, especially some of the $9.95 specials!!!

I know I can view psd files using Digital Image Pro but I don't think I can manipulate them. So will the lowest version of Photoshop (Elements 6.0) be good enough to manipulate images from Juice drops?

Thanks for your help!!!

Wendy

skiyak

Postby skiyak » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:30 pm

Hadn't realized there was an update to PSE 5.0. Juice Drops can be used in I believe all versions of Elements, at least as far back as 3.0 but I'm sure the layers were available in even earlier editions.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby hardsoftware » Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:37 pm

but I'm sure the layers were available in even earlier editions.

Correct, 2.0 had layering too and allowed me to do the photo colorization in some of my shows. I stilluse it more than I do 5.0 only because I am used to it. 8)

Ben
PSG, & Producer 3,4 and 5. Photo Editing: PS Elements 2.0 & 5.0, Premier Elements 3.0,

PHOTODEX GALLERY: http://www.photodex.com/share/hardsoftware
UnEmployed, and getting pretty good at it!
Facebook look for Ben R. Baca.

Photoshop 6

Postby northfreedom » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:09 pm

I recently bought Photoshop 6 and have had a few problems with it. I have not heard good things about it. Does anyone else use it?

Bev

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby hardsoftware » Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:55 am

That is an old version for sure. Perhaps made in the windows 98 era?

Ben
PSG, & Producer 3,4 and 5. Photo Editing: PS Elements 2.0 & 5.0, Premier Elements 3.0,

PHOTODEX GALLERY: http://www.photodex.com/share/hardsoftware
UnEmployed, and getting pretty good at it!
Facebook look for Ben R. Baca.

Re: Photoshop 6

Postby rkligman » Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:28 am

northfreedom wrote:I recently bought Photoshop 6 and have had a few problems with it. I have not heard good things about it. Does anyone else use it?

Bev

Once upon a time, say a couple years ago I used it. There is nothing wrong with v6 itself. Like Ben eluded to, it may be some capability problem but I'm not sure that would be the case unless you're using Vista. Then I would EXPECT problems and be surprised if it ran fine. Vista was supposed to be compatible from what I heard early on but it seems like it's anything but.
Rick Insane Diego...

Postby gpsmikey » Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:31 am

Vista is fine ... it is everybody else that has problems with their software :?

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

hanesian

Postby hanesian » Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:14 am

gpsmikey wrote:Vista is fine ... it is everybody else that has problems with their software :?

mikey

Isn't that the truth!

That's why I just yesterday ordered my first mac in over 15 years - fed up with such unnecessary inanity! I'll still use Windows (XP, not Vista) occasionally on the mac - now that that is possible - for certain programs such as ProShow, but I'm REALLY looking forward to avoiding the whole Vista upgrade & compatibility hassles.

Mark

claysand

Postby claysand » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:26 am

I recently bought Photoshop 6 and have had a few problems with it. I have not heard good things about it. Does anyone else use it?

Bev

She is probably talking about PS Elements 6.0

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications