Where To Find Templates

Post a link to your templates that you'd like to share with other ProShow Producer users
Site Admin

Where To Find Templates

Postby MG - Admin » Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:08 pm

If you are looking for templates created by others to use with ProShow Producer, you can start your search at the following link:

Member Created Files

Mike

Re: Where To Find Templates

Postby trwtrw » Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:40 pm

Will these templates work in ProShow Gold, or will they only work in producer?

Site Admin

Postby MG - Admin » Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:15 pm

Most will probably work only with Producer, but some might work with both. It's best to read the description of the item before downloading and trying it.

Mike

Postby andrea31419 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:26 am

Thanks! This is very helpful

Postby tomdavis » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:15 am

Thanks Mike for separating this folder. Makes it easier to go to and also direct newbies to it.

Tom

Valued Member

Postby rjl2gal3 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:18 pm

I came across it somewhere before, but forgot where. I'm referring to how to get a template into Producer. I guess I'm getting too old to remember things lately. Any help is greatly appreciated. Richard...

Postby cherub » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:18 pm

rjl2gal3 wrote:I came across it somewhere before, but forgot where. I'm referring to how to get a template into Producer. I guess I'm getting too old to remember things lately. Any help is greatly appreciated. Richard...

Hi Richard,
First you should know that there are templates in the form of pst files, and templates in the form of psh files.
The psh files are regular shows and you can open them like you open any other show.

For templates in the form of pst files:
In Producer, go to Show > Show Template > Import Template
Navigate to the directory where you saved your pst file and import it into Producer.

Open an existing show or a new show and:
Show > Show Template > Open Template

Hope this helps :D

Valued Member

Postby rjl2gal3 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:39 pm

Thank you so much for your response and genuine concern. Richard...

f.smith95

Postby f.smith95 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:43 pm

Get some cool and fee styles here...Remember to send the creator a thank you message...he is in UK...

http://www.palwebs.co.uk/pstemplates/

Postby AlleycatLA » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:14 pm

Thank you for the palwebs link. Nice!

Marilyn

Postby Marilyn » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:35 pm

I have downloaded a template for Dale's Page Curl. The files have an extension of pxs.
Question is, how do I import this style into Producer? I'm new to Producer and can't figure this out.

Thanks, Marilyn

Postby cherub » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:29 pm

Marilyn wrote:I have downloaded a template for Dale's Page Curl. The files have an extension of pxs.
Question is, how do I import this style into Producer? I'm new to Producer and can't figure this out.

Thanks, Marilyn

A file with the extension pxs is a style, and not a template. To use it in Producer, do this:

Slide > Slide Styles > Manage Styles > Add (for Producer 4.1) or Import (for Producer 4.0).

Navigate to the folder on your computer where you saved your style and double click on it. The style will be imported into your list of styles.

In Producer 4.1 it is possible to just double click on the file from Windows, and it will be automatically imported into Producer.

Marilyn

Postby Marilyn » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:04 pm

Thank you. That really helps! I'm not sure I totally understand the difference between templates and styles. I think styles are the formats that are used to display and add motion to each slide. Is a template a prepared background that you can add photos too? I thought the page curl was a style, but I'm thinking it was referred to as a template - I'm probably just not remembering correctly.

Marilyn

Postby cherub » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:28 pm

Marilyn wrote:Thank you. That really helps! I'm not sure I totally understand the difference between templates and styles. I think styles are the formats that are used to display and add motion to each slide. Is a template a prepared background that you can add photos too? I thought the page curl was a style, but I'm thinking it was referred to as a template - I'm probably just not remembering correctly.

Marilyn

A template is a full show (several/many slides), with everything in it, minus the images (your own pictures), and minus the music.
A template includes: backgrounds, motions of pictures, transitions between slides, dedicated graphics and so on.

A style is exactly the same thing, but only for 1 slide.

Postby kojaysnana » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:44 pm

Information on here is really invaluable. The info about templates is just what I needed.
Thanks to you all for sharing your knowledge...
Karen

Next

Return to PSP - Slide Styles & Templates