Cloudy Night (a show without any image or mask)

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Producer and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

Cloudy Night (a show without any image or mask)

Postby Jeep » Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:34 am

Just a small show (356 Kb) :D to demonstrate that we can create interesting things without any image support.

Then, I have used "The Thing" (my nightmare friend) to do so.
This show contains :
2 layers on 1 slide
0 photo (confirmed)
0 mask (confirmed)
it lasts 1 minute
It took 5 minutes to create it

I'll give you more information later to explain the content of this show, if you are interested :)

Jean-Pierre

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 7048&alb=0
Last edited by Jeep on Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jean-Pierre

My blog
Processor: Intel Quad core 2.33 Ghz - RAM: 4 Gb - Windows 8.1 64 bits - Video: Nvidia 720GT 2 Gb- Camera : Canon 5D Mark II + 24-105 + 100-400 - Sharing : jean_pierre

Postby cherub » Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:39 am

Magnifique !

I understand the stars (how many keyframes?) and the moon, but do you mean to say that the frame itself is
made out of a gradient?

Postby Jeep » Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:46 am

A clue : the stars are made with letters (only 2 keyframes per star). The frame is not a gradient and not a mask :D
Jean-Pierre

My blog
Processor: Intel Quad core 2.33 Ghz - RAM: 4 Gb - Windows 8.1 64 bits - Video: Nvidia 720GT 2 Gb- Camera : Canon 5D Mark II + 24-105 + 100-400 - Sharing : jean_pierre

Postby debngar » Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:35 am

Very very clever Jeep!

It's fun to try and figure out how to do stuff only using Producer without the help of Photoshop or similar program. What a neat effect.

There is one star that appears on top the frame - upper right corner.

Loved it!

Debbie G.

Postby nannybear » Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:42 am

Jean-Pierre, celui est brillant. Partagerez-vous le dossier de .psh et de template ? Je ne peux pas imaginer le moment où vous dépensez pour créer et formuler toutes ces idées étonnantes ! Je soulève mon verre de vin à toi !

That is suppose to say " will you post the .psh and template file", but I can't get the translator to understand me! :lol: I now realize I need to translate back what it gives me to truly understand what I may be saying to people in another language. Holy I could get myself misunderstood! At least the last sentence made sense. hugs Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Postby Camlork » Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:03 am

Hi Jeanne-Pierre

Another great effect. Thanks for sharing it. Just "reverse engineered" Jan's comment through babelfish and this is what it came up with. As she says the last sentance makes great sense - I'll drink to that and to you.

Will you divide the file of psh and template? I cannot imagine the moment when you spend to create and formulate all these astonishing ideas! I raise my wine glass to you!

Ted

Postby cherub » Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:47 am

Jean-Pierre,
Is the frame also made of a font/dingbat?
But then, I don't know what is your 2nd layer.
Donnes nous la solution s'il te plait ! Je n'ai plus d'idees.

Here? Is this how?
http://www.breizhbleu.com/download/DiapoTech5.pdf

Cherub

Postby debngar » Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:42 am

FYI - If you are working with 3.0, there is a "Border_Standars2up.png file that looks like this included with all the extra content/media sources.

Since Jeep said he used no images in it though he must have done it a different way.

Guess we will have to wait and see! LOL

Debbie G.

Postby cherub » Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:49 am

Debbie,
I know of that png file. I have no problem with creating my own frames. There are many ways to create something in Proshow. I'm just curious about Jeep's "minimalistic" techniques.
He put it to us as a riddle, and I'm giving my best.

Postby Jeep » Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:17 am

Ahhhhhhhh :D

There are 2 layers : one for the moon made with a gradient with a radial type and a yellow colorisation and one for the moving clouds made also with a gradient (plasma). Stars are made with letter \0149 from the macros. They are blinking with the normal effect wag opacity. They have been initiated at different times with 2 keyframes in order that they do not blink all at the same moment.
About the window frame ???? It's the letter C from a special font called PSGMasks. This font has been yet evocated in this forum.
The astronomy.zip file is downloadable at this link http://www.breizhbleu.com/Producer/Astronomy.zip it's the astronomy.psh file, there are no files added

Have fun with "The Thing" !

Jean-Pierre
Jean-Pierre

My blog

Jeep

Postby debngar » Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:32 am

So the secret is out! Thanks for sharing how you pulled this off. It's amazing what you were able to do with all those elements in that show without any images! Wow.

I haven't even considered using the PSG mask fonts previously shared once I started using Producer. You've made me see a potential use for them even now!

Thanks Jeep!

Debbie G.

Postby cherub » Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:05 am

Ahah!
So dingbat it was. I forgot all about that stuff. I think that I've done it once in Gold.
It's interesting to see the "edit gradient" effects on a dingbat.
Also, I think that only someone who doesn't use Proshow in English would give a second look at that Macros thing in captions.
So, why haven't I seen it?
Thank you very much Jeep for a good riddle this afternoon. :D

Return to PSP - Sample Shows & Feedback