My first shared show - wedding

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Producer and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Michelle_Lee

My first shared show - wedding

Postby Michelle_Lee » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:36 pm

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 2037&alb=0

hi, im michelle, i'm new... any suggestions and comments will be greatly appreciated!!!
I'm very passionate about creating amazing slideshows and am very eager to learn more about how i can!

as you will see, there are a couple of things i havent finished off yet or ideas that i was playing around with :)

lisco

Postby lisco » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:03 am

Michelle -

First off let me welcome you to the forum. It's great to see new folks around. I loved the setting and photographs. Looked like a great day for a wedding. I, by no means, am a professional at this, but I did see a few things that you might be able to improve on.

I think that there is just a little too much movement. Pan, zoom. I found myself wanting to see the entire picture instead of just close up portions. Nice touch on the "vows". With the words and pictures moving at the same time, my eyes were wondering between them to see what was happening next. Maybe no motion on pictures, but keep the motion for the "vows". The photo where the couple are holding the butterfly, the music seems to break off and come back. Maybe it was just me.

Again, I'm still in the learning process as well and am just giving you what I see. I"m sure that the ones to follow me are probably much more qualified.

For a first show, it was pretty good. My first one was a lot worse. :)

Once again...Welcome!

Scott

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby Brenda » Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:29 am

Hi Michelle,

Welcome to the best, most friendly forum on the net.

For you first effort, you did very well. I also think you should cut back on the pans and zooms so as to
give the eyes a rest. Some of the 'photos were full screen but showed black edges, these would look better
smaller.

Nice touch with the the butterfly. Your use of captions was a good idea but keep those
'photos static. I liked your choice of music and the photographs.

All in all, I enjoyed your show and with some tweeking it will be a winner.

Brenda

Michelle_Lee

Postby Michelle_Lee » Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:45 am

Thanks so much for your input, it really helps, i'm making adjustments right now.

I feel like a little kid in a candy shop - so to speak! I'm so keen to get my shows looking amazing, like the ones that i have seen.... it's all a little over-whelming! :lol:

so im studying tips and trying to get more content: I have no doubt this forum just became my new best friend! I'm sure i'll be slumped over this keyboard many a late night! lol

how long have you all been using proshow?

icehole

Postby icehole » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:40 am

Hi Michelle,

Excellent Excellent first show... Thanks for sharing.

Regards
Paul

Postby RichB » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:28 pm

Michelle:
For a first show you did a great job.

Rich

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:28 pm

Hi Michelle

I agree with the previous comments with the overuse of pans and zooms. It really needs the static pictures to break the trend. Watch a film on TV, just see how little zoom is used, pan and zoom is only used to accentuate the image subject. A zoom into the image subject and then hold that zoom works wonders.

Brian

Postby iromero » Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:58 pm

Hi Michelle,

I also agree with previous comments. The setting seemed so calming, yet there was ALOT of movement in the show. I think with a few modifications in the panning and zooming, this show will be fantastic.

Regards,
Ivan

Good Job Michelle

Postby jeanc » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:20 pm

I'm no professional either, but I do agree about the panning and zooming. Seems a lot of us do that on the 1st show or 2 .... cause we can! I quickly adopted the motto "less is more". You had a lovely wedding as your photos showed. I wish you all the happiness in the world and good luck with your ProShow endeavors. I have used Gold for 3 years now and I might upgrade to Producer the end of the year when it is time to renew. Don't know just yet.

Welcome to our lovely family!!

Smiles,
Jean

Michelle_Lee

Postby Michelle_Lee » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:35 pm

Wow! Thankyou so much for your comments! You are all very kind!
And yes... i have gone overboard with the pan and zoom! i was just soo excited to have so much freedom of motion (before proshow, i made 2 shows in Windows Movie Maker - which is where i developed my passion for making these slideshows and went searching for something that had more freedom)
I wanted to give the show a feel as if you where really looking into surroundings and included, as if you were there right in the moment. I have already made some changes to it and it does look better... I've made the photos with the captions still and it is much less busy, so thankyou for the advice.
I've been studying and learning new things, this forum really is wonderful for learning! just what i need.

1 question, hopefully someone might be able to help me with... when i download the tutorials that are proshow tutorials, i double click on them, and it says open - i click open and nothing happens; any ideas why this might be happening? i only really have basic computer knowledge :?

Thankyou so much for your time
Michelle

Return to PSP - Sample Shows & Feedback