Let There Be Peace On Earth

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Producer and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Location: Beautiful Virginia Beach, Virginia StarlightPPS.com

Let There Be Peace On Earth

Postby alcain » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:41 am

Greetings, this is a re-post of a show I did some time ago. Many of you new users have not been on board long enough to have seen it. I chose to re-post this show due to some recent events on this group with a less than loving/supportave nature. Feel free to comment and pick this show to death - I am a big boy and I can certainly take it without becoming defensive. Some will like it - others will not. I am not trying to please everybody, that will never happen in this world. But for me, if just one person out of 100 finds something special about this show - my time in producing it will have been well spent.

Disclaimer: This show does have reference to Christian values and images. If you are easily offended by such material, you may wish to consider not viewing, and not posting comments. That having been said, this show is trying to express how war and violence to our fellow man is a sad thing, and the process of bringing it to an end (if that is ever possible) must begin with me.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 9443&alb=0

Blessings, ~al
Using Producer V4, PS CS5, and the Nikon D80, D90 & D7000 for all of my professional work.
BFA with a major in Communication Design, Texas State University, 1978
And now abideth faith, hope and love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Honorary ProShow PHD

Wow!

Postby stickgirl » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:06 pm

Outstanding job....you brought me to tears.

The music doesn't sound right to me...kind of dragging along. Don't know if it is on my end or not so I'll try to watch it again later tonight.

Thanks for reposting this show for all of us newbies.

Kathy

Postby debngar » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:07 pm

Thanks for the reminder...

Debbie G. :)

sail978

Postby sail978 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:32 pm

Oh my, time to move on alcain. You missed the point in the other thread. You made a statement that your assessment was correct because you have all these years of experience. Sorry but many of us thought your assessment was way off base. The slide show did tell a story and there were no need for captions.

You then posted about humility. Think about that in regards to yourself when you keep 'reminding' people of all your years of 'experience'.

BTW, your slideshow was very nice. I didn't think the puzzle or wipe transition fit in the show.

This thread will probably be closed now but I think it's important for you to know why you got the reaction you did. My apogies to the moderator.

Location: Beautiful Virginia Beach, Virginia StarlightPPS.com

Sail978

Postby alcain » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:53 pm

If it is time to move on, why did you bring up the old dirt in this new thread... I detect a lot of hate in your post. It would have been more appropriate if you had kept your personal comments about me either to yourself, or in a private message. But thank you for watching the show. Blessings, ~al
Using Producer V4, PS CS5, and the Nikon D80, D90 & D7000 for all of my professional work.
BFA with a major in Communication Design, Texas State University, 1978
And now abideth faith, hope and love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

sail978

Postby sail978 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:06 pm

Whoa. You brought this all up again in your first post in this thread. I don't hate you. LOL. I'm simply responding to you.

You made the whole thing personal. You overreacted to the opinions in the other thread when people disagreed with you. As I said before, move on. People disagreed with your assessment. Get over it.

Peace On Earth

Postby dcbyrne » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:00 pm

Hello Al,
This show brought back a lot of memories for me. I think it's time we ALL put the subject to sleep. Hitting,hitting back and oh let me have a turn will not help anyone, plus this is no fun for any of us.

Douglas

Site Admin

Postby MG - Admin » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:21 pm

1... 2... 3... 4....

dreamland

Postby dreamland » Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:17 pm

Whoa. You brought this all up again in your first post in this thread. I don't hate you. LOL. I'm simply responding to you.

You made the whole thing personal. You overreacted to the opinions in the other thread when people disagreed with you. As I said before, move on. People disagreed with your assessment. Get over it.

WELL SAID!

Why is it that who preach PEACE couse all and most destraction in the HISTORY of this EARTH???

Regards,
Gabriella

icehole

Postby icehole » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:49 pm

I'll back you up on that Dreamland.
Alcain I have no knowlege of past posts and discussion here, It's been a while since I was last here. However..... I get the feeling as much as you write... not all will like this...I'm a big boy etc..you really do prefer not to hear the negative.... Well I have some negative.....Before I say anything I would like to state that I have absolutely nothing personal against any religion or belief. If it makes you a better person and allows you to bring your family up in a loving environment then thats just fine and dandy......... However I am an non-believer and I hope as I have respect for your beliefs you have the same for mine. Am I educated.. NO! Do I observe... Very much so.....(through my photography). There is not one thing on this earth that has, and continues to have caused more conflict and bloodshed on this earth than religion.
Now i'm pretty sure that you will have some devine reason for this and that It's just God testing us blah blah and that we will all be saved one day if we just believe but I'm afraid it just does not comprehend to me.

Here's where I get lost.... there's Christians, jews, Catholics, Prodestants, Muslims, greeks ( lots of gods) Aborigines (Dreamtime) etc etc and dont forget the poor atheists. All have different takes on what happened 2007 years ago and before.

I have some news......... They can't all be right... Sorry but thats a fact! And the day I see some of the mindwashing evangelists I see on a Sunday morning that live a life of luxury on multi-million dollar propertys while chidren die from starvation in their own excrement I might start believing that they are in the game for the right reasons.

I'm a huge believer in just being bloody dam decent to each other and making the most of the short time we have here. If there's a heaven then I hope I'm going there (not real confident though) If there isn't then Iv'e left a couple of decent human beings behing in my children to hopefully help this terrible state of affairs on this planet.

Jeeeez I hate getting all philosophical but Alcain... I just picture you as Ned Flanders..... Again alllthe respect in the world to you but thing are not as easily fixed as you think.... If there were a God he should take out some of the assholes (sorry) on this planet instead of some of the really good people who die some horrific death due to some right wing relidious party.... It makes no sense!!!

From what I read in this post I saw no-one hate you........ That's just a chip on your shoulder

Sorry if this offends anyone but it's something I get very passionate about. Just be nice to each other that's all I can say and Alcain.... GET OVER YOURSELF. Oh and while I'm at it in my last show you told me that me photos were a little small and that not to be afraid to go to the outside edges...... I had to puul my monitor up to my nose to see your pics.....(which you didn't take) Whats with that??? Take a page out of your own book

Jesus loves you........ According to you it's everyone else that doesn't

If this is my last post then it's been nice knowing you all. Stay well

paul

Site Admin

Postby MG - Admin » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:26 pm

Once again, deep breath everyone.

Time to get back to working on your shows and being nice to one another.

WARNING: If another thread heads off in the wrong direction again I will delete it immediately, no matter how much good content may get lost along with it. I don't want new members, or potential members thinking this is a place that allows threads to get off-topic while we rip each other apart. There are other forums for this type of discussion.

Return to PSP - Sample Shows & Feedback