Free DJ diamond motion HELP

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.
mike_mck

Postby mike_mck » Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:14 pm

Here is the link for the file

http://download.yousendit.com/ACDC50D166368ED5

It is good for 7 days.

Free DJ diamond motion HELP

Postby slideshower » Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:49 pm

Hi Mike,

I'm very interested in how you extracted the Alpha channel using Premiere. Would you mind sharing it here or am I supposed to pm you? It's great to have people like you on the forum.
Thanks, Lucie

Postby cherub » Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:36 am

I’m so grateful for this thread!
I haven't bought DJ products yet, but I’m playing with the idea. In the meanwhile, I do get their free downloads letter, and this diamond left me completely baffled.
I could not even play the mov file in any media player !!
Thank you Mike for uploading the alpha channel avi. But do I understand correctly that in order to use the file in Proshow, actually 2 avi files are necessary?
1 - the alpha channel to serve as mask,
2. -the normal avi?

How does one get the normal avi file? When you use Premier do you get 2 avi files?
Would it be possible for you to upload the regular avi as well ?
I know I’m asking a lot, but I don’t have Premier and don’t really know what to do with this file.
Much obliged,

Valued Member

Postby Coconut » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:16 am

Hi Mike,
I am also interested in how you extracted the alpha channel in Premeire. Thanks so much for sharing- I am always looking to learn something new!
Leslie

mike_mck

Postby mike_mck » Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:35 pm

Sorry all, it was a late night (or an early morning) I will upload a tutorial sometime later today or early tomorrow. But in a nutshell, you open the file in premeire elements and then apply the video filter "alpha adjust" click on the button "mask only" and then export the file. You will then have your mask file. A better tutorial is forthcoming.

(also a link to the base .mov file for the alpha posted above)

mike_mck

Postby mike_mck » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:12 pm

The Diamond - RE-ENCODED

Postby cherub » Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:39 pm

Thank you Mike.
I found out that my problem was caused by the QuickTime Player. I upgraded and now everything is fine.
However, seeing that you stayed with the original mov file which is absolutely huge (1500 pixels x 1500 pixels), while
your alpha channel file is 720 pixels x 480 pixels, I thought of re-encoding the whole thing to avi.

I encoded the two files to: avi MPEG-4, Video Codec V2, MP 42, NTSC, 720 pixels x 480 pixels.
This results in much smaller files (4.7 MB and 0.5 MB respectively), and they work very well in Proshow.

If anybody is interested in these two files, I've uploaded here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/34935021/Diamond.zip.html

To download: Choose the FREE option and type in the visual code that you see on the screen. Wait for the link.

mike_mck

Re: The Diamond - RE-ENCODED

Postby mike_mck » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:23 am

cherub wrote:Thank you Mike.
However, seeing that you stayed with the original mov file which is absolutely huge (1500 pixels x 1500 pixels), while
your alpha channel file is 720 pixels x 480 pixels, I thought of re-encoding the whole thing to avi.

:D :D You caught me. I actually tend to size the alpha masks to the normal SD screen size of 720X486 (and mostly do that to the original file as well). then I can use producer to size and place the sample any where on the screen I am looking for. DJ provides the MDE's at a huge size and I have been known to use them as transition wipes and looping backgrounds as well.

Mike

mike_mck

Alpha Channel extraction using Premiere Elements.

Postby mike_mck » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:30 am

Since it was asked for... :D

1) Open photoshop premiere elements
2) in the available media window, add the file which you want to extract the alpha channel from.
3) drag this file to the time line.
4) Go to the "effects and transitions" tab. (looks like diag. split screen with a star on it)
5) Select the "Video Effects" fly open
6) within this, select "Keying"
7) drag the "Alpha Adjust" effect to your effects window (on the right side of the screen where you see "Image Control", "Motion" and "Opacity")
8) Select the "Alpha Adjust" flyopen
9) Click on the check box that says "Mask Only"
a) your screen should switch to black and white at this point
10) Select File->Export-> Movie and name the file something you can remember. I tend to use the same file name with a "_alpha" or somesuch.

Your done, easy wasn't it?

Mike

Postby slideshower » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:56 am

Thank you so much Mike and Cherub! I really appreciate your willingness to share and help. I'll be away from home for awhile but downloaded all the information so I can try it when I get back home. Lucie

images-that-move

Postby images-that-move » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:27 pm

Mike,

Great instructions... Thanks for taking the time to document it...!!

Take care,

Postby newtcruiser » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:08 pm

thanks everyone:

Because of all the helpful hands here I have my diamond working just tickety boo!!!! Thanks again to all that contributed. . . this forum is the BEST!!!!

Thanks again.

Linda

Postby elshagon » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:57 pm

Here's a solution to using the DJ files off your hard drive for the free one's which were downloaded, etc. I use software called Daemon Tools http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/download.php. This creates a virtual CD/DVD-ROM drive on your computer. You can then create an ISO image of your files/dvd's and load them up on your virtual drive on your computer. This enables you to not have to burn to a dvd, instead just use the files off your hard drive. Software players will believe you have a cd/dvd inserted, when in fact you don't. Hope this helps.

Postby cherub » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:16 am

@elshagon

Brilliant !! :D :D
Will this allow the use of Juicer ?

Ladybug

Postby Ladybug » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:09 pm

mike_mck wrote:Hi Linda, you should have the mask file in your inbox. Let me know if you have any problems!

Mike,
Me, too! Please, pretty please? I, too was trying to do it from the hard drive through Juicer 3 and wondering what the heck was up. I just bought Premier, but don't have learning curve time right now. :( I've got to go back to Keeping it simple! Any steps on achieving it in Premier would also be appreciated and would decrease my learning curve! I would be eternally grateful! My email: barbs@infowest.com
Thanks.
Barb

PreviousNext

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications