Not sure if what you want to post fits in the other forums? Post it here!
lisco

Postby lisco » Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:14 am

Please excuse my ignorance, but what's a "Sticky"? And how does it work?

Scott

Postby nannybear » Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:26 am

Don'feel bad Scott, I don't know either and I have been here since Apr 2006!! Cheers Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:54 am

Hi Scott

Here is a paste from the Forum FAQ.

What are Sticky topics?

Sticky topics appear below any announcements in viewforum and only on the first page. They are often quite important so you should read them where possible. As with announcements the board administrator determines what permissions are required to post sticky topics in each forum.

In other words it is a message that the forum moderator considers important and it stays at the top of the posting list. ie 'Sticks' to the top.

Brian

PS now Jan knows as well (9 to go)

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:44 pm

There are a few flavors of forum/discussion software and all those I've seen have a function like that so a moderator can force a topic to stay at the top and not get pushed down more more recent posts. The phpBB software calls it 'sticky,' you might see it called something else in other places running other software.
Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

lisco

Postby lisco » Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:27 pm

briancbb wrote:Hi Scott

Here is a paste from the Forum FAQ.

What are Sticky topics?

Sticky topics appear below any announcements in viewforum and only on the first page. They are often quite important so you should read them where possible. As with announcements the board administrator determines what permissions are required to post sticky topics in each forum.

In other words it is a message that the forum moderator considers important and it stays at the top of the posting list. ie 'Sticks' to the top.

Brian

PS now Jan knows as well (9 to go)

Thank you very much for your reply. I understood everything after "In other words..." :) I had seen it in other places and heard ppl talk about them, but never knew.

Again, thank you Brian and Dick,

Scott

Return to Odds & Ends