Future of Photodex/Proshow

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related
Esteemed Member

Future of Photodex/Proshow

Postby Alan » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:21 pm

If Photodex were to cease would it still be possible to confirm product purchases online should we wish to install on a new PC?
Alan

Sydney, Australia

Re: Future of Photodex/Proshow

Postby cherub » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:55 am

Alan wrote:If Photodex were to cease would it still be possible to confirm product purchases online should we wish to install on a new PC?

This has already happened, but Photodex has stated that their activation servers will remain in place indefinitely so there should be no concerns.
The program in its current version will continue to work, and activation on new computers should work as before.
Their site continues to be fully functional, so all your registrations data is still available.

Esteemed Member

Postby Alan » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:58 pm

Many thanks Mona. I've just come back to Proshow. I'm still on Version 5!! Which is still working fine but I'm looking at upgrading to V9.

Good to see you're still around.
Alan
Alan

Sydney, Australia

Postby Jeep » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:01 am

There is 4 40% discount for now with the code 40FORTHE4TH. I don't know how long it will last. Available for upgrades too.
Jean-Pierre

My blog
Processor: Intel Quad core 2.33 Ghz - RAM: 4 Gb - Windows 8.1 64 bits - Video: Nvidia 720GT 2 Gb- Camera : Canon 5D Mark II + 24-105 + 100-400 - Sharing : jean_pierre

Postby Yanis » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:16 pm

The coupon code "40FORTHE4TH" is expired.

Esteemed Member

Postby Alan » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:29 pm

Bit the bullet and upgraded to PSP V9. Very happy with it. Had no problems at all. Already completed several shows and made full use of the music library. Long may it continue.
Alan

Sydney, Australia

Valued Member

Postby jskintauy » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:57 pm

Hi Folks,

I received an email from Jennifer Clark (Choice Slides newsletter) indicating that new slideshow software is coming that is compatible with our existing shows, styles, transitions, and templates. She didn't have much information beyond that, but it may not be from Photodex. Also, it is not Proshow version 10. Apparently it was written by "some of the original developers" of Proshow. It is good news that the software will be compatible with our existing shows and it will apparently have more advanced features. If Photodex really is going away, this might be the best we can hope for.

Jim
Jim S

Postby obeeone » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:51 am

G'day

Have a look at this link https://choiceslides.com/blogs/news/a-n ... oming-soon

Obeeone
Photodex Gallery: http://www.photodex.com/share/obeeone

There are 10 types of people who understand binary:
Those who do and those who don't.

Postby Don Hammock » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:37 pm

Howdy Carl,
Any mention of When the new program will be coming out, and any mention of price?

Thanks,
Don

Valued Member

Postby Fongie » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:33 pm

I've been using the product for years and just purchased V9 without knowing any problems (dummy). As long as it is stable, I can hold out but I have a very important and large slideshow to do that is due in about a week. I've emailed Photodex for help--today--but nothing yet. Maybe someone know what to do. My photos are not in alphabetical order and some of the photos do not show up in the window to select. Any music I added recently does not show up for me to use them. This is my first slideshow since upgrading to V9. I've restarted the program and rebooted my computer a couple of time, hoping that will solve the problem, It did not help. I'm desperate. Does anyone know how to solve this?

I love this program and hope it continues. I miss the immediate support I used to get.

Postby cherub » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:42 pm

Fongie wrote: My photos are not in alphabetical order and some of the photos do not show up in the window to select. Any music I added recently does not show up for me to use them. This is my first slideshow since upgrading to V9. I've restarted the program and rebooted my computer a couple of time, hoping that will solve the problem, It did not help. I'm desperate. Does anyone know how to solve this?

Someone else emailed me recently with a similar problem. His photos came from iPhone and didn't show up either.
I suggested him to drag and drop the photos from the File Manager of Windows (Windows Explorer) straight into the timeline of Producer.
He said it worked for him.
As to the music tracks, try to refresh the view in that folder that you see in Proshow. If the music tracks are in a format that ProShow recognizes, they will show up eventually.

Valued Member

Postby Fongie » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:23 pm

Hi Cherub,

You saved my life. It works. I dropped the pictures and music straight from explorer into the proper tracks. Kinda humbug, but it is a good workaround until someone fixes something.

Thanks a lot.
Fongie

Postby cherub » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:02 am

Fongie wrote:Hi Cherub,
You saved my life. It works. I dropped the pictures and music straight from explorer into the proper tracks. Kinda humbug, but it is a good workaround until someone fixes something.
Thanks a lot.
Fongie

Yeah, life-saver is my middle name :D
As to the program, I don't think that it needs any fixing. We have been working with this version for quite some time, and there are very few issues, if at all.
Two things come to my mind for what you have reported:
1. ProShow should be installed while all the security programs are disabled (Anti-Virus, Firewall etc).
2. On some systems it is necessary to run the program as administrator. (Right click on the icon on the desktop and choose Run as Administrator).

Valued Member

Postby Fongie » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:05 am

Hi!

OK, I RC and selected Run as Administrator. I hope that will also help since I have another rush show due to Thursday. Found out from Jennifer Clark that I could RC-sort-name-alpha in the file list, just like other Explorer files. Also, when you drag and drop from Explorer files direct into the tracks like you suggested, these dragged files will appear in the File List window with checkmarks to show they were added to the show.

Thanks so much for the help.

Fongie

Esteemed Member

Postby Dieter » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:42 am

Hello Obeeone,
these are very good news!!!

-is that another Company?
-what happens to photodex/austin?
-are the together?
-what's new about the software?
-when can we buy the?