dissolve one caption and show another

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

dissolve one caption and show another

Postby photographer55 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:09 pm

I have a slide with an image on it. I have a 3 captions I want to appear on the slide one after the other. I want the first caption to show and then dissolves, then the 2d caption to transition in and display, then it too dissolves and the 3d caption to show - all this with the image staying visible and not changing

I made the first attempt using 3 slides with the duplicated image, but the image also fades out and the the next (duplicate) image (and caption) fades in. The transition is applied to the image too and I want the image to stay the same but with the captions dissolving and then appearing.

Is there a way to do this?

I am on version 7

Thanks

Re: dissolve one caption and show another

Postby obeeone » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:55 pm

G'day

You can do this easily using just the one slide and 3 separate key frames one for each caption. You will need to adjust you slide time to accommodate the 3 captions. eg if you want each caption to last say 20 seconds then you slide time will need to be at least 60 seconds.

Hope this helps

Carl
Photodex Gallery: http://www.photodex.com/share/obeeone

There are 10 types of people who understand binary:
Those who do and those who don't.

Esteemed Member

Postby northward » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:59 am

Just in case some further clarification is helpful: Go to the keyframe editor by double clicking the image on timeline, at the edit window's lower egde to the left there are some clickable symbols, it is the arrow-like thing pointing downward that takes you to the keyframe editor. Each layer and each caption will have its own stretch on the editors timeline. Takes only a little experimentation to get the hang of it. One of the most useful functions of ProShow. I remember that I used the double and triple slide workaround for quite some time before I stumbled on the keyframe editor. Access isn't overly obvious. I'm on vs.9, but this procedure has not changed, if I remember correctly.
-- Minolta SLRs, first digital camera Apple QuickTake 1996, various others since then ---

Postby photographer55 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:54 pm

Hey ll .. WOW that is really cool!! I did have producer and was able to access these features and begin using them.. Sure makes my life easier.. Thanks so much. :D

Return to PSP - General Discussion