Add text box to images

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

Add text box to images

Postby Tina02 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:32 pm

Hello, I am a newbie of Proshow Producer and thank you for accepting me as a member to this forum.
Anyway, I am making a video that needs to add the caption or text box on each image in one slide.
For example, there are 7 pictures in each slide and I want to put a caption (text box) for each image.
I tried to use the text layer but it did not work.
Is there any way to do that?
Thank you for your help!
I have Proshow Producer 9

Re: Add text box to images

Postby trondmyhre » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:22 pm

Hello!
You can write as many texts as you like. For each text, select "+" left of "add" under Captions. For each caption, then select "Effects" and drag keyframe 1 to the right to the point where you want the caption to be visible. Similarly, drag keyframe 2 to the left to the point where you want the caption to disappear. To phase the caption in, hold cursor over keyframe 1, then right-click and select Fly-In / Set Effect Time, for example 1 second. Similarly, you can phase out the caption by selecting Fly-Out on keyframe 2. You can also select other effects when the caption becomes visible and when it disappears. Note that for each caption you type, it will automatically be placed lower and lower in the layer. In the end, it may be so low that it will not be visible. You can adjust the position of each captiont by selecting Caption Placement / Position.

Trond

Postby Tina02 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:45 pm

Thanks Trond. I wish there was Adding Caption button for image since I have to add text box for about 40 images in 5 slides.

Postby cherub » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:35 pm

Tina02 wrote:Thanks Trond. I wish there was Adding Caption button for image since I have to add text box for about 40 images in 5 slides.

That is most certainly doable, as mentioned above, but just keep in mind that somebody will have to read those captions, eventually, and that could prove quite an impossible task :D
Does the time of each slide allow for so much reading on the part of your viewers ?

Postby trondmyhre » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:28 am

cherub wrote:
Does the time of each slide allow for so much reading on the part of your viewers ?

I totally agree with this objection. If it shall be possible to read all the text and look at the images, it requires long display time for each image.

Trond

Postby Tina02 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:28 am

Hi Mona,
There is about one minute/slide. The show is about traveling so I think it could be nice to add text to show where.
By the way, I purchased and used some of your slide creation in my show. They are so cool. I have been reading tutorials from the forum so hopefully I will
learn more about the software.

Postby cherub » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:20 am

Tina02 wrote:Hi Mona,
There is about one minute/slide. The show is about traveling so I think it could be nice to add text to show where.
By the way, I purchased and used some of your slide creation in my show. They are so cool. I have been reading tutorials from the forum so hopefully I will
learn more about the software.

Hi Tina,
I'm so happy that you enjoy my slide styles.
Yes, one minute is a pretty long slide :D
Still, I would suggest that you don't insert a caption for each and every picture, but rather for a group of several pictures.

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks