Jerky credits

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Jerky credits

Postby mushrooman » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:37 am

Hi, I'm new here and I have a small problem with scrolling credits at the end of my show. Everything is fine when I output to 1080p mp4 or avi etc. However, when I burn to DVD using convertxtodvd the scrolling effect becomes very 'jerky'. It's not the end of the world, just a tad annoying.

Re: Jerky credits

Postby cherub » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:13 am

mushrooman wrote:Hi, I'm new here and I have a small problem with scrolling credits at the end of my show. Everything is fine when I output to 1080p mp4 or avi etc. However, when I burn to DVD using convertxtodvd the scrolling effect becomes very 'jerky'. It's not the end of the world, just a tad annoying.

You are not saying anything about how you've made your credit lines. What font was used, what slide style (if any), etc.
Also it's not clear to me why you haven't made your DVD straight from ProShow ?
Converting a video file to another video format (as you are doing with ConvertXtoDVD) reduces the quality of your video.
Also, you are not saying to what kind of DVD you are converting. The quality of a standard DVD video is significantly lower than what you have used in your 1080 mp4.

Postby mushrooman » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:04 am

Hi,
The font is Georgia and the slide style is 'scrolling credits simple'. I did try exporting straight to DVD but the result was terrible. I have not had problems converting slideshows to DVD before. It's just the scrolling credits. All the other slides are fine.

Postby cherub » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:48 am

I'm sorry, but I don't really know what to tell you.
The style that you are using looks pretty straight forward, and if you used the recommended times, with not too many captions, it should have looked okay.
Where are you trying to watch your DVD? on the computer or on the TV?
As I said before, the quality of a standard DVD is rather low.

Postby mushrooman » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:49 am

I'm playing it on my PC which is quite high end. I have just today purchase version 9 (was on 7) so I will see how I go with that. Thank you for spending time on this. If I don't get it resolved I will try on here again another time. With any luck I might be able to post an answer to my own question.

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting