Rendering driving me crazy!!!

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Rendering driving me crazy!!!

Postby Mr T » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:43 pm

I've been using Proshow Producer for a while now; after dabbling in iMovie I found Proshow to be a lot more user friendly, and the effects etc. are quick and very effective. After doing quite a few shows with just photos (to my songs I have on Youtube), I progressed to doing one with video as well, and after literally months of trial and error, I came up with a brilliant show with slides and video of my Daughter growing up, as well as a soundtrack of a song I wrote for her (I'm a singer/songwriter). I finally got to the rendering process and after about 27% it will just stall and go no further. I figured it was the computer CPU not having enough power. I've since upgraded my PC (for my music production as well) to quite a powerful PC (dual core, 3.2 Ghz, 2 TB Hard drive, 2 GB video card, 8 gig Ram etc.) and to my surprise the rendering is still stalling! it stalls at 27% still, but keeps going (making that slide useless) and then stalls again throughout the show. It then stopped for ages at 93% then finally finished, but obviously the show is useless and full of video slides that are just black with no image. Can anyone shed some light on rendering and how I can render this show??? I'm assuming I still don't have enough power and I need a quad core or similar? I have a Mac but Proshow doesn't accommodate Macs....

Thankyou in advance, Mr T.
Last edited by Mr T on Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Valued Member

Re: Rendering driving me crazy!!!

Postby Luke_Miller » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:00 am

Are you using a 64 bit operating system to take advantage of the 8 GB of memory? And what format are you rendering to?

Postby Mr T » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:10 pm

Yes I am using Windows 7, 64 bit. I usually upload straight to YouTube. I've tried all the settings i.e normal quality, best, standard etc. Tried to burn to DVD but it wouldn't recognize the burner, also tried to render to video using PAL but same problem with rendering. Any suggestions? Thanks

Postby HunnyB » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:01 pm

Did you say how large the show is? If you have lots of large video files, it takes forever to render a show.....I will usually save those as an ISO and use Nero to burn. Good luck.
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

Postby Mr T » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:11 pm

Thanks for that.. I don't see any option to save as an ISO. Do you mean save the whole show or particular slides as an ISO?? Yes it I'd a big show.. 64 slides with 10-15 being video slides.

Esteemed Member

Postby skb1951 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:54 pm

Save the whole show as an ISO. Go to create a DVD, then drop down menu Burning, where it says DVD writer change to ISO then tell it where you want to save it to. I always create an ISO then burn to a DVD.
sue
Whether you say you can, or whether you say you can't....you're right!

Proshow Producer 5.0.322, Adobe Elements 8.0, Canon t2i

Postby Mr T » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:11 pm

Well, I was finally able to render my show and upload it. I've learnt that it was not so much a computer CPU problem, but rather Pro show being difficult and 'rejecting' particular video files. Didn't matter if I saved it as an ISO or directly uploaded, it still has to render the show first. I've learnt a lot about the program over the last few weeks in regards to editing video files. Not sure if it's a bug in the program, but I find it to be quite unpredictable and annoying. It didn't like some of my videos and wouldn't render them, but when I changed the format and experimented a little it was fine. For example I would change a MOV to an MP4 so it wouldn't be such a big file, but it didn't like the Mp4, and rendered the MOV, even though the MOV file was 10 times bigger...?? I found I had to literally 'trial and error' every single file until it got one that it liked!! It's fine with photos but I won't be putting together another big video show in a hurry... drove my insane!! It's a shame because I do like the program; so simple to use, and can be quite effective...

Anyway, for anyone who's interested, here's the final result:

http://youtu.be/u7iFD0W9KBg

Postby jrl1919 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:01 am

Mr T,
I'm having the same trouble, but seeing the lovely result of your mighty efforts is very encouraging.
That's a lucky daughter.
Jennifer

Postby gpsmikey » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:12 am

Be aware of the fact that there are a number of devices out there that crank out "video files" that may be a bit different from the format Producer expects. Some of those files cause the same sorts of issues in video editors like Sony Vegas or Adobe Premiere. We also found a bug a while ago where if a video file was corrupted (in this case, it ended prematurely ) it would hang producer. I don't know if that got fixed, but Photodex confirmed it as a bug a while back and I don't have the problem file any more, so I have not tested it in later releases of producer. Working with video though can be a bit tough sometimes because there are so many "unique/odd" variations to the normal format (the Flip cameras were notorious for creating video that drove the editors nuts).

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby Jean-Paul » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:41 pm

Hi,

One of the biggest problem with videos in ProShow is the fact that most users believe that they well have problems if the original file is large, so what people tend to do is to convert the file. This very often is a mistake, small converter programs don’t always use very good codec and that is where the problems start. If you import the original video file into Producer if the file is large it well take a little bit of time to import (encode) but this is a one time process (if you don’t move the file).
When you publish those large video file, they well be encoded by ProShow, you well see that the size of the video files did not change a single thing because, they are being encoded to the format that you selected. If you use the original video files and that they were properly encoded you well never have any problems in Producer.
Just a little piece of advice from an old guy who has been at it for a long time.

Here is the link to an article on codec that clears things up very well.
http://www.videomaker.com/article/14743/

Have fun

Jean-Paul

This forum is to ProShow enthusiasts, what hair is to the gorilla

PSP v5 (last releas) PC: Win. 7 x64, CPU Intel i7, Memory RAM 12 GB, Disk partition (C:) SSD, GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285, Monitor 23” HD, GPU Benchmark for PSP 372.

Postby gpvideodesigns » Thu May 18, 2017 5:09 am

I know this is an old post but I'm having pretty much the same problem. Every time I put a mp4 video of my own it clogs up the entire show. Music skips and show either slows or stops. Rendering takes sometimes hours. I called Proshow about this and they said that's just the nature of the beast basically it's a proshow problem and I was told they have working on fixing it for a long time now. Very frustrating. Still, I can't put most mp4 videos in without clogging up my show. Anyone have any idea how to help with that? Oh and that goes for any video I try to put in no matter what the format.

Postby heckydog » Thu May 18, 2017 6:52 am

It could be because PSP can't access enough RAM to run smoothly because it's a 32 bit program trying to run video files that are best suited for a 64 bit environment.

If you have a 64 bit OS and have more than 4GB of RAM on your system you can try the utility on the page linked below. It might help with your problem. If you are unsure about running the utility, make a copy of the exe file onto a thumb drive before running it. That way you can delete the patched exe file and put back the original, no harm done.

http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

Joe

Postby gpsmikey » Sat May 20, 2017 10:11 pm

Are all the mp4 clips you are working with from the same source? mp4 is a funny beast and there are quite a number of variables that can be tweaked in the creation of the video and still retain the format of "mp4". Some of those "tweaks" are not happily handled by other programs. If all of your clips are from the same source, try several different sources and see if they all give the same problem or not. I usually go the other way - create mp4 stuff in Producer then import those into my video editor (Vegas) to add additional stuff as needed.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby ProShowFan » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:25 pm

I had a similar problem. It turned out that the cause was the virus! It is worth checking your computer.

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting