Using Timeline Multi style back-to-back

Post a link to your templates that you'd like to share with other ProShow Producer users

Using Timeline Multi style back-to-back

Postby fugge » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:24 am

I am running Producer 8 and want to make a long timeline of several (25) slides.
As recommended on the Proshow blog http://www.proshowblog.com/2013/08/free ... proshow-5/ I try to use the Timeline Multi style back-to-back to get a long timeline.
I use the style for three slides in each and try to make the transition between the blocks of three to be as seamless as possible. I just can't find out what transition to use to make the timeline feel smoth from first to last slide.

Any experience of this?

/Fredrik

Re: Using Timeline Multi style back-to-back

Postby cherub » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:10 pm

The Photodex style Timeline Multi doesn't look to me as if it was planned to be used for a seamless effect. You'll always get a black screen in between slides.

What you could try, is to use an A/B Crossfade (Blend) Linear transition of 2 seconds in between the slides.
In the second and third slide, change the opacity of the layer named "Image 1" in the 2nd keyframe from 0 to 50. See if this looks better to you.

Postby Barbara_K » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:59 pm

Have you tried the Timeline Push transition included with this theme? The blog post recommends it for back-to-back Timeline Single styles but it also works well with the Timeline Multi style.

Barbara

Postby fugge » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:29 am

Thanks,
I am trying the advice from Cherub, but I can't find out exectly how to do it.
I find the Image 2 Mask in the Layers section.
Looking at tab "Effects" I find the adjustments panel Opacity bar set to 100% (I have not changed this one). Is that the one you are referring to, though It is not zero, but 100% as default?

Btw, I have tried the Timeline Push transition but that one does not work very well in this case.

/Fredrik

Postby cherub » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:00 pm

fugge wrote:Thanks,
I am trying the advice from Cherub, but I can't find out exectly how to do it.
I find the Image 2 Mask in the Layers section.
Looking at tab "Effects" I find the adjustments panel Opacity bar set to 100% (I have not changed this one). Is that the one you are referring to, though It is not zero, but 100% as default?

Btw, I have tried the Timeline Push transition but that one does not work very well in this case.

/Fredrik

Sorry for not being more specific in my instructions.

I'm talking about the layer/s named Image 1 where you should insert your own first picture. That is, layer number 4, and its duplicate layer number 13.
And I've made a mistake when I said keyframe 2. It is the very first keyframe that should change. The styles sets it at 0 opacity by default. Change that to 50.
You can also make the same change on the line itself that is being drawn - that is the layer number 10, named Timeline.

As I said before, these changes should be made in your slides 2 and 3. Slide 1 remains unchanged.

Hope this is more clear now.

It's not a perfect solution, but it does give the illusion of all 3 slides being part of the same continuum.

Postby fugge » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:54 am

Thanks Cherub.
I think this helped and it works fairly nice now, based on your advice.

/Fredrik

Postby cherub » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:08 am

fugge wrote:Thanks Cherub.
I think this helped and it works fairly nice now, based on your advice.

/Fredrik

Great ! :D
Glad to be of help.

Return to PSP - Slide Styles & Templates