Modifier random function problem

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Modifier random function problem

Postby Magmatic » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:16 pm

I had 10 layers with a pan x modifier in a slide, random function. That worked fine, with a smooth back-and-forth motion. But when I added the eleventh layer, suddenly the layers jerked rapidly back and forth. It does not happen if the eleventh layer has a sine function or some other kind of modifier. Doesn't matter if the layer is an image or a solid color.

Any ideas?

Here is what I mean:
https://youtu.be/BEdV1Khma_c
David Shuford

Re: Modifier random function problem

Postby im42n8 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:42 pm

I wonder if the "random" function isn't quite so random. It looks like the random function became block waves or some form of discontinuous function. Does each layer have a "random" function or is there a "master" layer which the other layers reference?

You might use a couple of layers as "master" and use the random on those ... then, a have several layers each referencing one of those masters. "Maybe" that'll work.

Then too, you might tell Photodex about it.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Re: Modifier random function problem

Postby Magmatic » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:30 pm

It is when each layer has the random function. Not when a modifier is a variable amount based on another layer that has the random function. So, the "master layer" method seems to work OK, except I didn't want any of the layers to look like another layer.

Yes, it looks like I should tell Photodex.
David Shuford

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting