[Question] Compatibility of save file

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

[Question] Compatibility of save file

Postby ngiamom » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:49 pm

I have a question: Can I save a proshow producer file by proshow producer 8 but newest version (eg: version 3648) but others person which have 3645 version (proshow producer 8 too) can open it? I know that if we save in PSP 8 they can not open on previous PSP like 7,6,5,4,3... but same version like 8 with different update only? Can we? Thanks you so much !!

Esteemed Member

Re: [Question] Compatibility of save file

Postby Marie78 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:33 am

Hello

As far as I know, Proshow does not allow it.

It's necessary to keep old versions, if you have them, to be able to create psh files for those versions.
Chris Marie

Postby cherub » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:56 am

ngiamom wrote:I have a question: Can I save a proshow producer file by proshow producer 8 but newest version (eg: version 3648) but others person which have 3645 version (proshow producer 8 too) can open it? I know that if we save in PSP 8 they can not open on previous PSP like 7,6,5,4,3... but same version like 8 with different update only? Can we? Thanks you so much !!

Yes, you can.
If your friend has version 8, no matter which release, he will be able to view and work with your show.
If your friend has a previous version of Producer - 7, 6 or 5, he will also be able to open your show and work with it, but he will see first the following message:

What happens is that lower versions cannot display the newest features that were introduced in the latest versions.
So, some features related to text layers, caption alignment and so on, cannot be displayed in prior versions.
But, the show can definitely be opened, and then saved on his/her computer, in the version that he/she has.

Versions prior to ver. 5 don't have the tilting features, so, it's not worthwhile bothering with those.

Esteemed Member

Postby Marie78 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:16 pm

Hi

I missred the question and was thinking about versions below 8.

Thanks to Mona for correcting me and giving all details.
Chris Marie

Postby ngiamom » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:18 am

Wow thank you so much, I will try some funny things with this

Return to PSP - General Discussion