PSP crashes when creating *.iso file

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Re: PSP crashes when creating *.iso file

Postby eigilw » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:44 pm

Irrelevant and deleted
Last edited by eigilw on Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby eigilw » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:25 am

Hello all.
The problem is solved thanks to Photodex support, fast and efficient.
The suggested solution was to place the PSH file on the desktop and collect the source files in a folder there.
And voila, it worked. According to support it might be a combination of the folder hierarchy, it is recommended not to have a string length exceeding 160 characters, while some of mine were more than 200 characters.
Perhaps also in combination with lack of space in the partition I used for generation.
Afterwards I moved the whole caboodle to a separate folder on my data partition where it also worked, even with the highest quality in images and video and 1680x1050.
So the general advice is:
Keep a simple folder hierarchy and ensure the combined folder and string length does not exceed 160 characters.
Have ample space on the partitions in use.
And finally use internal drives to be sure.
Best regards and thank you for your suggestions that helped me to move on.
Eigil

Postby gpsmikey » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:08 am

Glad they were able to help you find the problem and you were able to get things working again. I do all my stuff on internal drives although I do have stuff backed up across my network to my Linux machine every night. I have heard of issues before (not just Photodex) with external drives not acting as expected for whatever reason.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:47 am

As Mikey has said. Way back in the dim distance past we probably all found out about the max length of file names, using internal drives only, and nesting depth, seem to remember this from several years ago.

Problem is, we have it nested so deep in our own internal brain, we can't recall it, but it is great to have it bought to the surface again. Thanks for coming back with the answer.
Briancbb (Brian, Clown by birth)
Thanks Al for the signature
Producer v6.0 Build 3410

Postby gpsmikey » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:44 pm

Yes, my brain consists of RAM - Random Access Memory (I look in some location and come up with some random bit of information ... then I forget what I was looking for :evil: )

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Previous

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting