Pause main audio during video clip

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

Pause main audio during video clip

Postby eigilw » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:50 pm

I am new to this forum, so forgive me if the question has been answered before. I haven't found it, in any case.
I want to pause the main audio during a video clip. I know I can split the main audio, but I want to do it dynamically so the split position changes if I add slides before the video clip.

Re: Pause main audio during video clip

Postby cherub » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:27 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum,

I'm afraid that your only option is to split the audio track.
Just pausing it, is not possible in Producer.

Splitting the audio is, in itself, a relatively new feature in ProShow, so.... perhaps one day, in a future version, we'll also be able to just pause the audio. :D

Postby gpsmikey » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:59 am

Unfortunately, Mona is correct - the only option at this time is to split the main audio where you want to insert your video although, you can sort of achieve what you want by putting the main audio segment you are using at that point on twice (one right after the other). Then you can dynamically trim the first one to where the video starts and trim the front of the second one so it starts back up in basically the same point as where you ended the first one. Slide the overlap of the two as needed to get the effect you want - see the manual for information on how to use the control points for an audio track as well as how to slide the segment on the timeline (or ask here if you have trouble doing it).

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby eigilw » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:04 am

Hi cherub and gpsmikey.
Thank you for your answers, albeit negative. I will try out the suggested solution, it appears more flexible than a hard split of the audio.
Sorry for my late reaction, I have no good excuse :oops:
Best regards Eigil

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks