Producer/ Parallels/ Windows 10, Cannot open Shows

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Producer/ Parallels/ Windows 10, Cannot open Shows

Postby uglyduckling » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:52 am

I have just acquired a new iMac running Parallels with Windows 10. My existing shows were created with PSP on Windows XP on old iMac running Bootcamp.
I have migrated all my shows complete with appropriate files to the new iMac and have, at the same time, upgraded to latest version of Producer.
I now find when I try to open open my existing shows, the pictures and sound files are all declared to be missing. When I locate the files, I am informed they are the wrong format. I have tried deleting .pxc file for each show as instructed by Photodex but this makes no difference.
I have found that if I open each slide within the show with its missing layers and drag the missing files to their correct layer, the programme will accept the same files that it previously said were the wrong format. I could repopulate all my shows using this method but it will be tedious and will take forever!
Anyone come across this issue? Any help would be appreciated.

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting