Valencia

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Producer and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
ProShow Hall of Fame

Valencia

Postby sierra whiskey » Fri May 27, 2016 6:40 am

Hi

a couple of shows made from photos taken during a recent break in Valencia Spain. The Bioparc is one of the best Zoos I've ever visited.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4q9Ey7hk50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ueymq1gnjUg

I hope you enjoy them I would welcome your critiques.

Steve

Re: Valencia

Postby ginger » Fri May 27, 2016 3:19 pm

Fantastic photos. Loved the show, and the soundtrack was a good match.

ginger

Esteemed Member

Postby Aida » Sat May 28, 2016 11:44 am

sierra whiskey wrote:Hi

a couple of shows made from photos taken during a recent break in Valencia Spain.
[snip]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4q9Ey7hk50
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ueymq1gnjUg
Steve

Steve,
I enjoyed watching the well-paced presentation of your visual impressions of Valencia,
particularly the 2nd slideshow, which focuses on the city itself & its architecture.
Valencia seems to be the kind of city I like visiting & exploring. Will be adding it to
my bucket list of cities to visit . . . :)
-aida
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must
carry it with us or we find it not." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Esteemed Member

Postby Cliff.Thomas » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:31 pm

Very nicely done.

I enjoyed the photos and the music seems to fit in both of them.

The only suggestion I would make on the second video you have a very distracting background image that keeps pulling my attention away from the photos.
Canon 60D, Photoshop CS5, ProShow Producer 7

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby sierra whiskey » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:34 pm

Hi

thanks for watching.

Cliff

the main colours of the background are a simplified version of their flag. i shall revisit and may consider making them more transparent. thanks

regards

Steve

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby pd » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:20 pm

The second video is the better of the two. The photography is of a very good standard and well manipulated. I think that it can be even better and I will offer my ideas. You are a frequent contributor and I am sure that you will take them with a pinch of salt.

Your comment . . .the main colours of the background are a simplified version of their flag.
I think this was a brilliant idea and maybe you could start it off by the original flag morphing into the background version. While we are still int the intro, start with a dark slide, music playing so as to start the scene going. The titles should appear in a sequence eg no title, Valencia, then date. Probably this cannot happen as the title appears to be part of the picture. If you have your titles and picture in layers, there lies your answer.

Now for the body, The background is too strong and probably will work better if darkened and blurred. Some of the pictures are rotated for a dramatic effect. Try rotating them about 5 degrees towards the horizontal, maybe even zooming them by a very little amount. (See 1:46). All this must be subtle.

For the end of your show, I think it is time to play a little with your logo and give it some animation. A zoom and a slight rotation will do wonders. Steve, your name does not appear anywhere and I would want to know who produced this great show. I would probably also insert it with the front titles.

Well done.
pd
regards.
pd

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby sierra whiskey » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:00 am

Hi Pd

thank you for watching and taking the time to write. I really like it when people offer criticism and advice. I've long advocated this on the forum and it disappoints me that this is done more rarely these days. I will look closely at what you've suggested.

thanks very much for taking the trouble.

regards

Steve

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby pd » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:24 am

Steve,
I like your positive attitude.
pd
regards.
pd

Return to PSP - Sample Shows & Feedback