PSP7 won't open

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

PSP7 won't open

Postby bob2701 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:53 pm

I have not used PSP in a couple of months and when I tried to open the program it would not open a window on the desktop. Icon on taskbar of Windows 7 shows it is open. I get the splash screen then nothing. Any idea what to look for??

Never mind, I got it. Dumb, Dumb, Dumb... Had it going to my second monitor which was off.

Re: PSP7 won't open

Postby cherub » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:15 pm

bob2701 wrote:I have not used PSP in a couple of months and when I tried to open the program it would not open a window on the desktop. Icon on taskbar of Windows 7 shows it is open. I get the splash screen then nothing. Any idea what to look for??

Hi Bob,
Can't say that I know what's happening, just guessing.

Are you trying to open a new show or an existing one?
Try opening a new and empty show and see if you can open the program.
Try to apply a transition and then a slide style. Maybe the program will start caching transitions / slide styles, because the Daylight Saving Time has started. (happens to some of us :-))

In Windows, while the program is closed, try deleting the files proshow.cfg and and proshow.phd. These files are located in the installation directory of the program. Then reopen the program. This action will revert the program to its defaults.

Could be some settings of your firewall, or a security program that is blocking it. Try to open without any security program and see what happens.

And, finally... if none of the above helps, call Photodex service dept. :D

Postby bob2701 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:23 pm

cherub wrote:
bob2701 wrote:I have not used PSP in a couple of months and when I tried to open the program it would not open a window on the desktop. Icon on taskbar of Windows 7 shows it is open. I get the splash screen then nothing. Any idea what to look for??

Hi Bob,
Can't say that I know what's happening, just guessing.

Are you trying to open a new show or an existing one?
Try opening a new and empty show and see if you can open the program.
Try to apply a transition and then a slide style. Maybe the program will start caching transitions / slide styles, because the Daylight Saving Time has started. (happens to some of us :-))

In Windows, while the program is closed, try deleting the files proshow.cfg and and proshow.phd. These files are located in the installation directory of the program. Then reopen the program. This action will revert the program to its defaults.

Could be some settings of your firewall, or a security program that is blocking it. Try to open without any security program and see what happens.

And, finally... if none of the above helps, call Photodex service dept. :D

Thanks for the replay Mona, check my first post again, I am a idiot!!

Postby cherub » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:28 pm

:D :D :D :D
That's a good one. :D

Postby bob2701 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:37 pm

cherub wrote::D :D :D :D
That's a good one. :D

I guess I should not start something when I am dead tired. Have a good week.

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting