GHOST music - please help

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

GHOST music - please help

Postby tdew » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:01 am

I am in the middle of a really important memorial show. For some reason, I have a soundtrack in there that will not show up in the listing, nor can I delete it.
Any ideas please?

Esteemed Member

Re: GHOST music - please help

Postby Marie78 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:34 pm

Hello

Perhaps the music is on the slide track : usualy the color of those tracks are different of the main track.
Chris Marie

Postby gpsmikey » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:28 pm

Yeah, it sounds like it is something you have attached to a slide rather than placing on the main sound track.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby tdew » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:47 am

I thought of that, but it doesn't seem to be the case. If it was, I couldn't find it.
I had started with a show that I had made for someone else, then used it for inspiration. The music is from the old show, but it doesn't show up anywhere.
I DID manage to get rid of it, by making a project and copying the new slides one by one into a new show. It added time and frustration, but it's done.
Maybe after this is all over I will go back and see if I can figure it out. Thanks.

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:30 pm

If you know the name of the audio file that is the "ghost track" search the .psh file for that name. That will give you a clue where it is lurking. You can easily miss it for example if it was attached to a slide but had an offset of say 30 seconds - it would be 30 seconds away from the slide where it was attached (the .psh file for the show is just a text file - you could even open it in Word - just don't save it from word - it would probably add some formatting or something to it). As to what those file pointers would look like in the .psh file for the show:

this is for a sound file attached to a slide "cell[1].sound.file=../../D:/Sound/Sound_effects/aoogahorn.wav"
and this is for a sound file on the main sound track "sound[0].file=sound/Chubby_15.wav"

Obviously, your paths etc. will be different, but that is the format you will find in the .psh file is something along those lines

mikey
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)

Postby tdew » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:21 am

Thanks Mikey. I will try when I am finished with all that is going on, and will report back
Appreciate the help.
Terry

Postby tdew » Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:12 pm

Mikey, you were right! It was that a music file had gotten attached to a particular slide. It sounded awful, because there was another file playing when it would kick in. I kept taking the music off - but the one still remained.

I was finally able to copy slides individually and somehow avoided getting the ghost music back. The show worked and was appreciated by all.

Postby gpsmikey » Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:36 pm

Glad it worked out for you. I have had to snoop through the .psh file a few times looking for something like that I couldn't find.

mikey

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting