Is there a tutorial for......

Please post your tutorials here for ProShow Producer only. Provide a lnk if you have a file that can be downloaded by others. This is not a discussion section, but rather a source for sharing tutorials.

Is there a tutorial for......

Postby yorkypud » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:57 am

I want to have 4 photos coming in one after the other,stay for a few seconds all together side by side and then each one go out the same way as they came in. Do you know if there is a tutorial on this please? I have the up to date producer. Thankyou Audrey

Re: Is there a tutorial for......

Postby gpsmikey » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:26 pm

I don't remember seeing a tutorial on that, but I would start by checking in the available styles to see if one of those does what you want (there are a number of them that support 4 images). Otherwise, it is fairly easy to keyframe in what you want to have happen - you would have 4 images in one slide. Each image would basically have 4 keyframes - kf1 would be the start position (outside the border), kf2 would be where you want it to stop on screen, kf3 would be where you wanted it to start moving near the end and kf4 would be where it would end off screen. Adjust the timing for the keyframes for each image to get the effect you want. If you are not familiar with keyframes, search the forum here - there are a number of discussions and tutorials on keyframing (just think of a keyframe as a point in time where you define what you want to have happen there).

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby yorkypud » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:12 am

Hello Mikey, Thankyou very much for your reply. I will try out the keywords tonight and let you know if I am successful. Audrey

Postby yorkypud » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:06 am

Eureka,I have done it!! Have always been a bit frightened of keyframes but after a few attempts it is done. I am really pleased. Thanks once again. audrey

Postby heckydog » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:58 pm

A journey of a thousand miles begins with two keyframes . . .

or something like that . . .

Joe :roll:

Postby gpsmikey » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:48 pm

Joe you have really nailed it this time !! :D

Glad you got it working Audrey!

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby im42n8 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:15 pm

Mastering keyframes is crucial to effective use of ProShow. Another feature that helps to access the ProShow's power: masks. If you don't master these two features, your ability to effectively use ProShow is highly limited.

Tutorials help. Well, take a gander at this information. It'll help you get where you need to get: https://fpvp.wordpress.com/

Good luck ... and have fun!

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby yorkypud » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:12 am

I have not tried masks yet so I will have a good look at the site gave me. So much to do and not enough time! Thankyou all for the help. Best Wishes Audrey

Postby yorkypud » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:13 am

I have not tried masks yet so I will have a good look at the site gave me. So much to do and not enough time! Thankyou all for the help. Best Wishes Audrey

Postby im42n8 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:13 am

ProShow often provides more than one method in which to accomplish something. There's much to the program that's hidden (in plain sight) after you've "mastered" the program. Once you feel you've learned all there is to learn about it, you'll find that there's actually more there that you didn't even suspect existed. However, the two key things in ProShow, as far as I'm concerned, that allow you to get the most out of it, are the keyframing and masks.

After those two items are mastered, then, it's a matter of getting used to what the program has to offer ... and creating splendid shows. Tips and hints and such help. If you want some of those, there is the FORUM BOOK located in "Member Created Files." Yes, there is some dated information in there but, Barbara (member of this forum) pulled a bunch of information together from many forum members and other members contributed time and effort to so it could become a reality (putting together such an item is one heck of a lot of effort ... as each involved can attest to). At the time it was compiled, I think it was v3.2 that we were using. However dated the original version of the program might be that the book was written for, there's one heck of a lot of information therein that is highly useful for anyone.

Take a gander at it ... see what you think. There are lots of tips and such (all free) located throughout the form that can help you get the most out of the program. Then, you've got the link I provided which has additional tips. Some of those are for when you get more advanced.

Then, when you get to the point where you think you know the program pretty well, I wrote a book that might interest you ... you can find information about it on the blog site I provided you a link to.

The bottom line tho is that if you just take your time and enjoy what you're doing, the expertise will grow without you realizing it. There's simply too much to learn to do it overnight. :shock:

Good luck and HAVE FUN! :D

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby yorkypud » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:45 am

Dale, Many thanks for your long reply. I have had a quick glance at your site and the list of items that Barbara compiled,plenty to go at. I notice there are a few tutorials for masks so I will have a go at them when I have learnt a little more about keyframes. Audrey

Return to PSP - Tutorials