Running a movie file with another movie

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related
Soahs

Running a movie file with another movie

Postby Soahs » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:26 pm

I need some advice. I have an Alaskan Klee Kai dog and these little guys love to sing the song of their people. I also would like to make humorous videos. I have zero experience in video programs so figured I would try Producer, I have version 6. I recently saw the wonderful BBC version of "God Only Knows" originally done by the Beach Boys. I want to intersperse sections of this vid with my dog singing. So I want the GOK vid to keep playing through the entire thing, then the sound reduced in volume when my dog chimes in. Rather than an abrupt transition of my dog then the GOK vid, I am thinking about the GOK vid fading out then my dog fading in then out and then GOK in then this would keep on till the end of the song. Can this even be done?

This is the video on Youtube, the fact that it is in portrait mode might complicate things -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeX2KD9zvbs

Re: Running a movie file with another movie

Postby heckydog » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:49 pm

imho, you would have an easier time of it using video editing software. There's a lot of inexpensive programs to choose from that can do what you want. There's a learning curve, of course, but if you plan to do more videos, the time invested will pay for itself in the long run.

Ideally, you would want the GOK video ( found it here, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqLTe8h0-jo ) on your main track and then have the bits with your dog on an overlay track. Changing the audio levels will vary from program to program but they all have that ability.

Sony, Adobe, Pinnacle, and Corel, just to name a few, all have video editors at different price points.

Wait 24 hours before you decide. I'm sure someone will be along shortly with a different opinion or thoughts on the matter. :wink: And it doesn't hurt to explore other options.

Joe

PS wow, Kitty is a little chatterbox, but sooooo cute.

Soahs

Postby Soahs » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:06 pm

Thanks Joe, I figured I would have to use a movie specific program. I know Producer better. Kitty is an Alaskan Klee Kai and had been away to "boot camp" for a week for socializing in different situations. She was telling me "Ma don't ever leave me again"! These little guys talk like that all day, really endearing souls.

Postby larry31 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:04 pm

Power Director has provision for multiple audio / video tracks. PD is nice because you can pick on the audio track, and manipulate the volume level during the time line. (Make sections of the time line taper down, or up in volume at will)

Postby gpsmikey » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:50 pm

I use Sony Vegas Movie Studio for things like that. It works well, although like all video editors, it takes a bit to learn how to do things. They do have a 30 day trial download that lets you play with it and there are numerous tutorials out there - both on the Sony site as well as on Youtube. I have two samoyeds so I am all too familiar with the northern breed and their "talking" :D

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Valued Member

Postby Tonel » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:39 am

I agree with others that it would be far easier with a video editor which you can also use for other projects and combine with Proshow. I don't know which country you are in as you haven't put it in you profile but Cyberlink UK often have discounts on their software. I recently bought PowerDirector 14 Ultimate and it's a very good video editor with a very active forum and tutorials.

Here are the current offers http://www.cyberlink.com/stat/events/enu/2015/Q4/PPC/PDR/video-editing-software/powerdirector-ultra/50-45P_72hr/uk/index.jsp?affid=2581_-1_286&mkwid=s&pcrid=81798230457&pkw=powerdirector%2014&pmt=e&pdv=c&gclid=Cj0KEQiAn8i0BRDur-HV1PCTy4UBEiQAPuFr9D1lduYTCu5dzfymz9XNchY53m5LlOBxuvC9TRn808caAsv88P8HAQ

Tony
Self build Xeon W3690, 12GB RAM, C=250GB 850EVO SSD, Asus 2GB GTX960, Win10H 64bit, PSP9
iMac 27" Retina 5K i5, 24GB RAM, Radeon M295X 4GB, Bootcamp Win10H 64bit

Return to PSG - General Discussion