My first visit to America

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Producer and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

My first visit to America

Postby athesen » Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:15 pm

I stupidly abandoned Proshow a few years ago when I sold my PC and bought a Mac. I recently saw the errors of my ways and I now have a homebuilt Hackintosh with a 4MZ I7 cpu and 32 Gig of memory. Proshow runs fast under VmWare. To relearn Producer I have built a six minute show describing a journey I made in 1960. It was fun to search the web for old images and it was quite a challenge to remember how to use keyframes.

The show is posted on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tacn_DvM ... k&hd=1

This show does not contain material that might be considered objectionable.

Any suggestions for improvements that you may have would be appreciated

Esteemed Member

Re: My first visit to America

Postby JBD » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:13 pm

Click on link - YouTube says video doesn't exist!!!

Sorry about that

Postby athesen » Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:07 pm

Shows yo how little I know about YouTube. Try this:

Postby PhotoMill » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:39 pm

Hi ...,

I guess the first thing that comes to mind on this show is that it has "Great Potential" !!!

First and foremost, I might suggest slowing down the slides that include any kind of "text" ! There is almost NO time to read any of it !!! As well, I am thinking that there is a lack of many more photos of the ports that you stopped in. Slow your presentation down a tad. Use some "fade in and fade out" on your audio tracks.

As said, "great potential" but, just take your time on this one !!

My 2 cents worth !

...Steve
Tax me...
I'm Canadian, eh?

Canon 50D & 70D, Epson 4990 Scanner, Epson R1800 printer
Lumapix, Paint Shop Pro X6, ProShow Producer 9
Video Studio Pro X5

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby pd » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:51 am

Steve has summed it up nicely.
I would like to submit some improvements.
-You have selected the 16:9 format. Stick to it throughout the show. The maps were all square and your ship goes into the black area. Bring your map into photoshop and trim it as required.
- You started the show with your ports of call and you sort of repeat it shortly afterwards. I would do it only once.
- Think about your audience. Probably it would be your close friends and family. An added interest would be to include some pictures of your self and fellow sailors.
Give it a second go. It will only get better.
pd
regards.
pd

Thanks

Postby athesen » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:41 am

Your feedback is very valuable! I had completely forgotten about styles. Will be busy reworking the show.

My intended audience is my (american born) grand children and myself, although my main motivation it to learn how to use Proshow.

Postby tdew » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:42 pm

What an adventure for a High School boy! I enjoyed the trip, but would agree that it needs a bit of fixing. Watch where your text lands on the pictures. Sometimes it's hard to read because of the background. Definitely a keeper though.

PS - I was getting error messages when I entered the comment above. It didn't show up at the time, but when I came back to it, there were 3 of the same message posted.

Return to PSP - Sample Shows & Feedback