What is "No Style" and why do you need it?

Please post your tutorials here for ProShow Producer only. Provide a lnk if you have a file that can be downloaded by others. This is not a discussion section, but rather a source for sharing tutorials.

What is "No Style" and why do you need it?

Postby cherub » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:11 am

Twice this week I've found myself explaining the need for "NO STYLE"
I guess it must mean something, so here is a short tutorial that I wrote about the style named "NO STYLE".

http://proshowtutorials.blogspot.co.il/ ... t-for.html

Re: What is "No Style" and why do you need it?

Postby im42n8 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:38 pm

There are some additional notes that are needed for this tutorial ... particularly as related to Mona's paragraph a). As to paragraph's b) and c) I've added some supplementary information that might be very useful.

Relative to Mona's paragraph a):
Mona wrote:
If you just apply a style on top of another, you will get lots of unrelated layers and your slide will look a mess. Instead of simply deleting the slide, and starting anew, click on No Style, and then apply the new style.

Normally, if you apply a style to a slide that already has had a style applied to it, the newly applied style will normally take precedence. The slide won't care (nor will ProShow). However, should you edit the contents of that slide (other than replacing existing image/graphic layer contents with a different image) by adding or removing layers, it's entirely possible that when you try to apply a different (or reapply the same) style, the program might "glitch." That's because there's a different number of layers that the effect sees relative to what you would expect. In that case, if you apply the "NO STYLE" style, you'll probably discover layers different from what you initially started with. In that case, delete the layer(s) you don't want and then apply the desired style on a blank slide containing the desired layer(s).

Relative to Mona's paragraph's b) and c):
As for the order in which the images appear, the order of the images (top of the layer stack to bottom) determines which order in which the image used by the style style. That is, the order of appearance on the blank slide slide is NOT always the order in which they appear on the slide (it determines the order in which the image layer is USED by the style). I design my effects to display the images in the same order as they appear on the blank slide. Not every effect designer does that ... or is even aware of how to do it. So, in that case, pending any instructions the style creator might provide you in style notes or layer notes, apply the style and then review the order in which the style uses and displays the images. That should give you a really good idea as to whether the image you want displayed FIRST should be placed 3rd on a blank slide's layer stack prior to applying the style.

Some effects mix TALL with WIDE images ... knowing how to place them on the blank slide prior to applying the style can be an art of guesswork unless specific instructions are given as to how to place them on the blank slide prior to applying the style. Otherwise, you'll have to do as I described in the paragraph above.

Applying the "NO STYLE" effect between different slide styles is often good practice but it is, by no means, a requirement unless you've made changes to that slide after the initial effect was applied.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby cherub » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:01 pm

Thanks for the comments.

Postby im42n8 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:24 pm

De Nada
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Return to PSP - Tutorials