Photodex "How To" & Tutorials

Please post your tutorials here for ProShow Producer only. Provide a lnk if you have a file that can be downloaded by others. This is not a discussion section, but rather a source for sharing tutorials.
Esteemed Member

Re: Photodex "How To" & Tutorials

Postby Aida » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:39 am

gpsmikey wrote:Thanks for posting that list. Lots of good info there (I need to read it !! )

mikey

I agree: lots of good info there. Photodex sure has come a long way when it comes to creating
tuts & how-to's.

For me, the nice thing about video tutorials vs written how-to's, is the fact that
I understand/learn SO MUCH better when I actually see how something is done or created.
-aida
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must
carry it with us or we find it not." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Postby BarbaraC » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:55 am

Aida wrote:For me, the nice thing about video tutorials vs written how-to's, is the fact that
I understand/learn SO MUCH better when I actually see how something is done or created.
-aida

I often wonder why some of us learn better watching while others learn better reading. There was a YouTube video for doing a specific thing with my printer, and I'd watch, go to do what was described, forget something, go back to watch, try with my printer again, wonder if the guy had said to do this or was it really that, and off I had to go again. Finally, I wised up and wrote down what he said to do. With words on paper, I whizzed right through the process. Weird, isn't it, that I can create effects for video but can't seem to learn by watching a video?

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Esteemed Member

Postby Aida » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:02 am

BarbaraC wrote:Aida, only if it suits you and you have the time to devote to such things: How about creating a blog where you could keep everything in categories, easily adding links to specific areas whenever they show up? It would supply a much better hub for such things than Photodex currently has.
Just a thought. A blog takes a bit of time to set up, but at least it's free. Free stuff is nice.
Barbara

Yes, Barbara, that's something I had once considered doing: having all Photodex-created how-to's &
video tutorials neatly organized under clearly defined categories, each with some brief description &/or
explanation. Alas, a time-consuming project - but certainly a worthwhile one. A blog? Hmmm . . .
Maybe one day . . . So many plans & projects, so little time! Alas, tempus fugit . . .
-aida

Postby BarbaraC » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:14 am

Aida, the older we get, the more things we want to do with not enough hours in the day. If we could just figure out how to go without sleep, all would be well.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Esteemed Member

Postby Aida » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:19 am

dsprincis wrote:Note that on YouTube you can go to the ProShow Gold & Producer Training playlist for all 74 of their training videos.
They are sorted by date, but you are able to do a search.
Here’s the link.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9C983417BCA6C8DF
Darlene

Thanks for posting this direct link to the YouTube tutorials. As you mentioned, these Photodex
youtube tuts, sorted by date can also be seached by topic.

By typing in, for example, frameworks in ProShow Producer
or masking in ProShow Producer on the YouTube searchbox,
one gets not just the Photodex created tuts in these categories, but also video tuts
created by many other people.

Also, a complete list - albeit in a haphazard way - of all how-to's & video tutorials
created by Photodex is availabe on the PROSHOW BLOG, in the "How To" category. Here's the link:
http://www.proshowblog.com/category/how-to/

Certainly a wealth of info out there. Happy ProShowing everyone,
-aida

Esteemed Member

Postby Aida » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:29 am

Rosemary wrote:Thanks Aida, So useful to have all the links to the tutorials in one spot. I much appreciate your posting them.
Rosemary

Rosemary, I'm happy you find the links in one spot useful.
-aida :D

Postby dsprincis » Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:03 pm

Aida, you can do a search of only the Photodex videos by selecting the "magnifying glass" symbol in their heading after the "About" heading.

Previous

Return to PSP - Tutorials