Journey to Machu Picchu

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Producer and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

Journey to Machu Picchu

Postby mariloucarino » Sun May 24, 2015 4:54 pm

My daughter just recently went on a South American Adventure with two of her friends. She sent home their collection of photos & videos for us to view. I made a short video of their trip to Machu Picchu. Happy to be able to practice integrating video clips. (There’s nothing offensive in the content)

Enjoy watching.

Marilou

Re: Journey to Machu Picchu

Postby Magmatic » Wed May 27, 2015 7:10 pm

Where do I start? Loved it, loved it, loved it.

OK, I one reason I liked it is I have been to Machu Picchu myself—a year ago. I had an incident there, and most of my pictures of Machu Picchu did not survive the trip. (That's ANOTHER story.) So, I enjoyed seeing these things.

I enjoyed seeing a video of the cave, since my memory of that is not good. And the pan over the valley, with the drifting cloud at 0:45 is very similar to what I saw from that spot, with the Temple of the Sun below, at about the same time of day. I don’t have my pictures of that. I love the slow hint of the lama just before that, at 43. Very effective.

This is great editing. If I had to criticize, I would say there are too many shots. There were many things that went by too fast. On the other hand, the quick dissolves are artistic. And someone’s a pretty good photographer too. Artistically done portraits. Of course, it helps to have such photogenic subjects.

So, I liked the message, liked the subject, and liked editing.

This has inspired me to go back to my own slideshow and dress it up a bit. I have never posted it here, but perhaps I will when it’s ready.

Overall, very well done, and I am sure your daughter is very pleased to have it.
David Shuford

Re: Journey to Machu Picchu

Postby mariloucarino » Thu May 28, 2015 12:54 am

Delighted to read your comments, especially because you took the time to give them in detail. Thank you so much. It has inspired me even more.

Sorry to hear about the lost photos, that must have been heartbreaking, more so because going through the experience was such hard work (from what I heard from my daughter).

I hope to see your slideshows soon.

Once again thank you and God bless!

Marilou

Return to PSP - Sample Shows & Feedback