Photo. Behind a mask

Post a link to your templates that you'd like to share with other ProShow Producer users
Valued Member

Photo. Behind a mask

Postby noddie » Tue May 05, 2015 6:12 am

Hello,
I a trying to show a photo rising up from behind a mask or gradient and have the photo float up the slide from about half way up the slide to the top. It rests on the gradien or floor. It gives the appearance as if it is rising from a floor. And appears to slid out from behind a mask. I then would like the photo to descend back down on to the floor in the middle of the slide, does anyone know how to do this in proshow producer. I love the effect but cannot create it to work. Thanks for any advise with this and I hope I have made it clear.
Warm regards
Ps does any kind person know when or if Petes pal webs website might be up and running again? Thanks in advance
Gwen :P
Noddie
Auckland, NewZealand
Land of the Long white cloud

Esteemed Member

Re: Photo. Behind a mask

Postby des.tom » Tue May 05, 2015 7:07 am

The Palwebs site is up and running it's just Pete's shop that's being reorganised. I've just had a phone chat with him and he hopes it'll be up and running in a week.

Des

Postby cherub » Tue May 05, 2015 8:14 am

Hi Gwen,

I'm not sure that I understand the effect that you have in mind.
At the beginning of the slide, is the picture supposed to pop up from under the floor? or is it simply lying on the floor?

In any case, if you do require a mask (and I'm not sure that you do) - then you need two duplicates of the same picture. One duplicate appears from under the mask and reaches a certain point on screen, and then stops (no more keyframes for it). The other duplicate continues the rest of the motion, for all the remaining keyframes, that are on top of the mask.
The tricky part is to find that precise point where the switch between these two identical layers is not visible.

You may have a look at a similar effect that I made: Photo Table
http://seemonasblog.blogspot.co.il/2013 ... tyles.html

These effects were created without any mask.

Postby heckydog » Tue May 05, 2015 10:00 am

Could it be something similar to the Sliding 2 Modular slide style? In this one there are two pictures that slide up with reflections in the "floor".

Perhaps it could be modified to have just one photo slide up, pause, and then slide back down.

Joe

Postby BarbaraC » Tue May 05, 2015 10:53 am

Or are you looking for the appearance of floating up from the "floor"? This would be done via a drop shadow, created with a duplicate of the photo turned black (white point slider down to 0%), blurred, and with its opacity reduced.

You have us all scratching our heads. :D

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Valued Member

Postby noddie » Tue May 05, 2015 7:04 pm

Thank you so much everyone I am sorry for the lack of detail, it is a hard on to explain. I think Mona your style for the photo Table is fantastic and I could use that at a later time. Thanks
I believe Joe you could be right, but I have no idea where to view Sliding 2 Modular style. Can you please give me direction on this. I believe this could be what I want to achieve.
Love this group and all you wonderful people. Thanks so much also for the update on Petes Palweb
Gwen
:P
Noddie
Auckland, NewZealand

Postby cherub » Tue May 05, 2015 7:34 pm

The style "Sliding 2 Modular" that Joe mentioned above, is from Photodex' StylePack vol. 1.
If you didn't buy that pack, then this style would not appear in your list of styles.

Valued Member

Postby noddie » Tue May 05, 2015 8:20 pm

Terrific I have some of those but not that one, shall take a peek, much appreciated
Noddie
Auckland, NewZealand

Valued Member

Postby john54 » Wed May 06, 2015 3:58 am

Valued Member

Postby noddie » Wed May 06, 2015 2:42 pm

Thank you so much for your reply and yup that is exactly what I am looking for. Magic
:P
Gwen
Noddie
Auckland, NewZealand

Postby heckydog » Wed May 06, 2015 6:31 pm

Well done!

Joe

Return to PSP - Slide Styles & Templates