Proshow Producer won't play audio on TV/DVD but did before

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Proshow Producer won't play audio on TV/DVD but did before

Postby Scotchy » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:53 pm

Hi All.
I'm brand new to ProShow Enthusiasts. I have a glitch I need help ironing out.
I recently purchased ProShow Producer. I have created 3 shows so far; 2 burned to DVD disc. Both have played properly on computer & DVD player in my living room. I decided to tweak one song on the second show I burned to fade longer into the next song. Then I Reburned a DVD. Now, I can't get the audio to play in my living room. It will play audio when loaded onto my desktop. Same discs.
I'm wondering if I unintentionally may have unclicked something in the program that needs to be re-clicked? (I'm hoping anyway.)
Any and all advice or assistance will be most appreciated.
Thank you!
-J

Re: Proshow Producer won't play audio on TV/DVD but did befo

Postby gpsmikey » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:00 am

I presume you are burning the DVD as a standard DVD? (you can also put an mp4 file and executable on a DVD as a data disk for example - DVD players won't know what to do with it, but the computer can handle it). Assuming it is a standard DVD, I ran into an issue about 10 years back with an older DVD player. The NTSC DVD spec says that at least one audio track must be LPCM, however, most video editing software (including Proshow) default to Mpeg Layer-2 for the audio. Almost all players these days handle that just fine, but I did run into one that as the viewer commented "nice video, but no sound". When I re-burned the DVD using LPCM for the audio track (it makes it bigger than the mpeg layer 2), it played just fine on his player. On the Publish, when you are setting the options for the DVD, under the audio format, you have the choice of "MP2" or "PCM" - try selecting PCM and see if that now plays on the one in question.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting