Show does not start

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Show does not start

Postby carnut2 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:50 pm

In PSG 4, I created a DVD. The menu comes up successfully, but can't start the show without first stopping the menu then pressing the start button. It must be a setting somewhere that I changed unintentionally.
Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Show does not start

Postby obeeone » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:12 pm

G'day

Sorry I can't remember exactly but somewhere in the menu creation there is a check box that says something like "action on click" then you get a drop down that allows various things including "Play a show"

Regards

Carl
Photodex Gallery: http://www.photodex.com/share/obeeone

There are 10 types of people who understand binary:
Those who do and those who don't.

Postby carnut2 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:55 pm

Thanks for the reply Obeeone
I've been over every square inch and I can't find the setting you are referring to. This problem was never an issue before, so I'm perplexed.
I've tried screen capture of the menu layout but I can't seem to post it.

Postby obeeone » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:25 pm

Hi

Not sure I follow you exactly. Nothing you do now with the DVD will change it. You will need to create a new menu for your show in Proshow and find the what I said before "Action on click" possibly under layer settings, then write a new DVD.

I use Producer and not Gold but I started with gold and it was there somewhere.

Carl
Photodex Gallery: http://www.photodex.com/share/obeeone

There are 10 types of people who understand binary:
Those who do and those who don't.

Postby gpsmikey » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:24 pm

I have not run into that, but to post an image, you need to upload the image to a public server (I use Photobucket) and the image needs to be 600px or less on the long side. Then you include a link to the image in your post. You may have to play with it a bit to get the format for the link correct so it shows (there is an "Img" button you can use and provide the link that way)

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby raydio » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:29 pm

I've got exactly the same problem. Gotta STOP the DVD with the remote, and then push PLAY - didn't used to do that - only occasionally. I think it looks unprofessional, especially when you've got a large audience waiting for your show to start.

Jared on HelpDesk says "Select the menu caption or menu thumbnail and then hit <Enter> or <Play> on the remote.
Or, in the "Create DVD" window, go to the "Menu" tab, uncheck the "Thumbnails" option and make the DVD again and see if that plays better for you."

Why don't you try this and I'll do the same?

I'll be looking forward to your results.
God takes you just as you are - but He never leaves you that way.

Postby gpsmikey » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:26 pm

For what it's worth, I don't normally use a menu. One DVD has one show on it, so I create it without a menu and it plays when inserted into the player. Recently, I have been playing more with 720p stuff which I create as an MP4 and just put it on a flash drive. Both my TV and DVD player can play mp4 files direct from thumb drives and they are easy to carry around.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby raydio » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:13 am

Here's the answer after much searching through the MENU settings for ProShow Producer (this is a copy of what I've sent to the GENERAL DISCUSSION forum). . . .

I've just found the solution. I've received some help on this matter from the HelpDesk (and they have been very patient with me) at ProShow but they didn't get me to check the MENU settings before the burn. I always like to put up a title screen while I'm waiting to start the show. Unlike previous versions, I am having problems starting movies (in Ver. 5 and then 6) with ENTER or PLAY on the DVD remote. I have to STOP and then PLAY.

What the helpdesk didn't get me to check was two identical settings under "Customize Menu" at the bottom of MENU in the PUBLISH mode. Select this and you'll then see four tabs at the top - Settings, Thumbnails, Layers and Captions.

Under the LAYERS tab, look for Layer Settings and near the bottom of that window you'll see "Action On Click". Pull down the dropscreen and you'll see 9 new options and I believe the second option is "Play A Show". Select this and your problems should be over - unless you go to another show you've got in your cache which had the same problem - you'll have to change this as well. All future shows, however, should keep this setting (I hope).

Now here's one strange problem and I don't know if you'll experience the same result - if you look under the CAPTIONS tab, under "Caption Interactivity" you'll also see the "Action On Click" selections. Everytime I select "Play A Show" and click somewhere else to start the burn, it kicks me out of ProShow altogether and I'm back at the Desktop. Would like to see if anyone else has this problem.

Hope this helps and best wishes for 2015 to all !!

raydio
Hope, B.C.
God takes you just as you are - but He never leaves you that way.

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting