Get image files to start show

Please post your tutorials here for ProShow Gold only. Provide a link if you have a file that can be downloaded by others. This is not a discussion section, but rather a source for sharing tutorials.

Get image files to start show

Postby Snooz48 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:14 pm

I'm an occasional user (maybe once a year) so please excuse me if this sounds stupid. I am a fairly new user to Mac also. Right now I am running Proshow Gold 5 with Parallels . My image files are stored on the hard drive on my Mac side. How do I get the images to the Windows side so I can use the to create a slide show with PS 5?

Re: Get image files to start show

Postby cherub » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:41 am

Hi,
I'm not a Mac user, but I'd like to help.
When ProShow is installed on Parallels, what do you see on the left side of your screen ?
Do you see the Folder List ? Do you see your computer directories there ?
Can you press and open the various directories, until you reach the place where your pictures are located?

Postby Snooz48 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:22 am

I don't see the folder list. On the Mac side, my images are in the "Pictures" folder. On the Windows side there is a "My Pictures" folder. When I go thru the "My Pictures" folder I don't find any folder with my images. I've tried going thru all the folders on the left side and don't see my image files. I guess because I am Windows on Parallel, the images I stored on my Mac side is stored in a partitioned disk, but I don't see that partitioned disk to retrieve the images when running PG on the Windows side.

Postby gpsmikey » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:31 am

I don't use parallels, but see if the following KB article addresses the issue (look at step 5)
http://kb.parallels.com/en/4729

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Return to PSG - Tutorials