MAC Version Of Proshow

Post your requested features for future versions of ProShow Producer here.

MAC Version Of Proshow

Postby gbarker13 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:26 pm

I'm hoping that Proshow creates a Version for the MAC currently there is nothing like this application on the MAC and I have to keep my Windows Mac until they do... I have tried to run the application under Fusion and it just to slow to do any real work...

Greg
Greg Barker
PSP 5.0 Canon 6D, Digital Juice, Final Cut Express, Adobe AE,PS, iMac 24GB, MacBook Air 8GB

sameoldsam

Re: MAC Version Of Proshow

Postby sameoldsam » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:18 pm

I agree, We Need A Mac Version! I'd love to get rid of all my PC's! :D

Kathy

Valued Member

Postby samrua » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:12 pm

I tried to switch to a Mac and wound up selling the thing after a few months. Not that I am looking to fuel the Mac vs. PC debate, but I certainly was expecting nirvana when I made the switch. Didn't happen. :( However, I do wish that the shows were viewable on a Mac (and not via flash or some other pseudo engine). And for those of you who prefer a Mac over a PC I wish for a Mac version of PSP for you. :wink:

-Sam

Postby jvlady » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:03 pm

I would LOVE a Mac version. I bought a new computer and went with a PC because of PSP. My kids have Macs and they have to switch to windows to view anything I make.
-Sandy

Postby srq102 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:47 pm

Wow, wouldn't that be something to have a mac version PSP. When I switched to mac I called photodex and asked them that question. They said it would never happen. I even asked if they would make a presenter plug-in just for macs , they said no way.

I also used vmware fusion up until the release of version 2 point something then like was mentioned, very slow. But the Bootcamp that is already installed on most macs works really great for running windows. Its just you have to re-boot every time to switch between windows and mac. I only use windows for Producer anyway. It's a little more inconvenient but not that bad.

I use the mac pro desktop that I bought in 2007. I've have never had a crash, never had a virus, no blue screens. I' m sure there are viruses written for macs but i've not gotten one. I do have a virus scanner for it, but it has never found one.

Who knows maybe one day photodex will change their mind about it.
have a good one
Rick G

sterlingsteves

Postby sterlingsteves » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:55 am

I have a different perspective on this as I am now doing PSP videos for a living.

Not having a MAC version helps my business as it greatly reduces the amount of competition out there. So many photographers and creative people use macs however since there isn't a mac version of PSP, they would have to work far harder with a variety of programs to accomplish the same things I do.

As a result, many of these people elect not to bother with creating sophisticated shows which means more jobs for those who do!

Postby Scotty » Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:39 pm

It's not Proshow but if you want/have to create a slideshow on a Windows computer that will run on a MAC the latest version of PTE (Pictures To Exe) can do it. It is now in final Beta testing and from what I read seems to work easily and well. I don't have any personal use for it, just thought I'd pass the information along in case there is someone who really needs this ability. PTE does produce excellent quality executable shows as well as DVDs etc.

Postby eanghil » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:19 pm

I'll never stop asking for a Mac Version of Proshow
I have a Mac and since I bought it I have installed Fusion just to run Proshow
After a couple of years with Proshow enhancements, new styles and more complexity, the whole thing has got way too slow
I have added a second virtual processor to Fusion Virtual Machine, with some result but still there are moments when CPU usage is about 80% and preview is blurring and jerking
(with single processor it was unusable, using 100% of cpu most of the time)

I am really concerned that soon I'll have to abandon Proshow and that is a shame, especially because there is no reason why Photodex like all major companies, stubbornly keeps ignoring Macs

PS useless to say that after two years of Mac usage I would never switch back to Windows

Postby gbarker13 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:55 pm

I agree I love the Proshow application and is runs so slow when using fusion and I have an Intel core i7. I have started testing other applications, but so far there is nothing our there like proshow for the MAC. I may just purchase a PC and use it just for my proshow projects.
Greg Barker
PSP 5.0 Canon 6D, Digital Juice, Final Cut Express, Adobe AE,PS, iMac 24GB, MacBook Air 8GB

Site Admin

Postby MG - Admin » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:19 pm

As Rick noted above, if you're going to run PSP on a Mac it's best to use Bootcamp rather than Fusion or Parallels. It requires a reboot, but 100% of the resources will be available for processing and as long as you have a fairly recent Mac you shouldn't run into any problems. It's a minor inconvenience to reboot, but what's a minute or two versus not being able use the software at all?

Mike

Postby juicedownload » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:42 pm

MG - Admin wrote:As Rick noted above, if you're going to run PSP on a Mac it's best to use Bootcamp rather than Fusion or Parallels. It requires a reboot, but 100% of the resources will be available for processing and as long as you have a fairly recent Mac you shouldn't run into any problems. It's a minor inconvenience to reboot, but what's a minute or two versus not being able use the software at all?

Mike

+1

Be an OS agnostic!

Postby gbarker13 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:01 pm

I have since switch to bootcamp, but I still would like a full MAC OS version... I hope it happens someday.
Greg Barker

Postby Bevie » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:51 am

Just putting in my "two cents" since this thread has been quite for awhile. One would think that it would make sense for Proshow to make a Mac version. One would think that if they did they would be able to sell their products to more customers and give Adobe a run for their money. But.......... maybe it would be too expensive to create a Mac version ???

Maybe that's the real reason? Because IF they could make one they would. One would think :cry:

Who doesn't want to make more sales? More sales means more profit. Right? :shock:
ProShow User since 2013 - ProShow Producer 6 - Novice

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/TheGalleryPage

Mac 10.6.8
Proshow Producer 6 - Parallels 8 - Windows 7
Photoshop CS4

Postby gpsmikey » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:58 pm

One would think so, however, if you don't have the programming resources to do that and try to spread yourself too thin, you end up with something that does not work well and irritates people. I don't know just what their internal workforce structure looks like - they may only have one guy chained up in a backroom somewhere (although I suspect it is better than that :D ). We have also been hoping for a 64 bit version, but have not seen any signs yet. They may simply feel the Mac market is not big enough to justify the resources (I'm sure they have looked at the options).

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby Bevie » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:02 am

Your probably right about the programming resources Mikey.

Kinda of doubt that there isn't enough interest from Mac owners though.

I've read numerous comments on Mac sites giving rave reviews about Proshow. But many of us don't want the added expense of buying Parallels or Bootcamp just to run Proshow. And we get tried of waiting for a Mac version so we spend our money elsewhere. I'm a tightwad at heart but Producer was too good to pass on. Maybe someday Proshow will offer a Mac verision :roll: When they do I'll be first in line to buy it and happily 'uninstall' Parallels :!:

I sure hope it's not the 'one guy' theory though :lol:
ProShow User since 2013 - ProShow Producer 6 - Novice

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/TheGalleryPage

Mac 10.6.8
Proshow Producer 6 - Parallels 8 - Windows 7
Photoshop CS4

Next

Return to PSP - Feature Requests