Rough Cut / Hummingbirds at my Window

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Valued Member

Rough Cut / Hummingbirds at my Window

Postby mfalco » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:55 am

When I have nothing better to do I enjoy just looking out the window and watching these fascinating birds. I put together a very short show (under 2 minutes) with some of the pictures I have taken of them. I could have added more photos but I have plans to do something different with them. I hope you can at enjoy it anyway. Oh Yea....all of these shots were done in low light around dusk.

http://www.photodex.com/share/mfalco/9c6wpmg4

Re: Rough Cut / Hummingbirds at my Window

Postby gpsmikey » Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:34 pm

Very nice - I don't know how you get them to co-exist peacefully. Ours are always fighting - if a second one shows up at the feeder the fight is on !! Feisty little buggers :twisted:
We have two feeders - one on each side of the house and the little twirps will sit where they can watch both of them to drive off others. We have both the Annas and Rufous ones here in the Seattle area - the little rufous go south for the winter, but the Annas hang around even in the snow (I have a heater on the back one and have shots of them when it is well below freezing in the snow).

If you have a facebook account, check out the "hummingbird whisperer" group. There are some very nice shots from folks there from various parts of the world.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Esteemed Member

Postby quetzal » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:27 pm

Hi,
We like these birds. Thank you for sharing this show. quetzal

Postby debngar » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:15 pm

Hi Marti,

That was pretty neat.

I've only seen one hummingbird so far at our new place There are some nice spots to put a feeder or two and I look forward to photographing them at some point when I get the feeders in place.

Mikey - thanks for the tip on the hummingbird group FB page. I'll have to check it out. :)
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback