Great Software for Creatiing DVD Labels

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.
Valued Member

Re: Great Software for Creatiing DVD Labels

Postby EYElene » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:51 am

Thanks so much for your post. I wound up buying a Brother printer and like you LOVE printing on DVDs. I buy my ink from 123ink.com It only costs me $21 for four cartridges. It probably doesn't last as long as yours but it still lasts quite a long time. Around three or four months.

Postby Betty » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:37 pm

Hi EYElene,

Cool name! I was wondering if you tried making a music cd with various songs from various authors (basically your own mix) and see if it provides the list of songs for you. To read a CD, click the "Read CD" button and the track list will automatically populate!

I have tried several programs that state this, but when I mix my own tracks and try it, it doesn't work.

Thanks,
Betty

Postby gpsmikey » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:54 pm

As far as I know, there is nothing on the CD tracks that can contain the name of the tracks. Most of these utilities that will populate a list with the correct names of the songs on the tracks do so by reading the CD ID and looking it up in an online database (you will usually find the same problem with CDs you purchase from PBS or something like that where is is not a commercially available disk (it was created for PBS or whatever).

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Valued Member

Postby EYElene » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:55 pm

I haven't made any music CDs. I listen to all of my music on an MP3 player. I have only burned labels for my Producer shows so far. They look great.
I don't really like the silver DVDs though. I thought I would like them better because it looks more holographic but I found the images aren't as clear.

Postby Betty » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:06 pm

Thanks Mikey and EYElene

~Betty

Postby PhotoMill » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:53 pm

I ran a Canon for so many years and was able to buy the refill kits for them. That was great however, the ink did not have the time tested pigment in it that Epson's formula had. I ended up switching to an Epson R800 and later the R1800. Both use the same ink but it is not a common cartridge so it has to be ordered unfortunately. Cost is a factor (at $21.00 per cartridge)(for each of the 8 tanks) so printing is limited to only what is necessary. But a great DVD printer!! Once the ink dries, it's just like a pro disk.

I'm wondering if many are using the M-disk found here: http://www.extremetech.com/computing/92 ... 1000-years

This is a military grade disk and for those of us who are into archiving, it only makes sense.

...Steve
Tax me...
I'm Canadian, eh?

Canon 50D & 70D, Epson 4990 Scanner, Epson R1800 printer
Lumapix, Paint Shop Pro X6, ProShow Producer 9
Video Studio Pro X5

Postby oliveoil » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:33 am

Hi,

I have an Epson printer that prints directly to DVD it is very good. They do various models all about £120.

I use Acoustica for my DVD printing it is a reasonable price and they provide loads of images for the DVD and the case. About £20 if I remember correctly.

Hope this helps

Postby debngar » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:13 am

PhotoMill wrote:-snip-

I'm wondering if many are using the M-disk found here: http://www.extremetech.com/computing/92 ... 1000-years

This is a military grade disk and for those of us who are into archiving, it only makes sense.

...Steve

Reading the article reveals this important piece of information:

M-Discs can’t be burnt with your current DVD burner — melting stone requires a laser that’s five times stronger than normal! — but on the flip side, M-Discs are backwards compatible and can be read by normal DVD drives.

Also found this in regards to the term "military grade" which I thought was interesting. Essentially it states that the term doesn't really mean a lot. One can't be sure the person writing the information is reliable either. LOL Though I think the person has a point.

http://www.spgedwards.com/2012/04/milit ... ction.html

Since the PC has only been around for a short time and considering the constant change in technology and storage formats, one has to wonder how these discs could be read in 1000 yrs if they actually last that long. Who still has a working computer that can read a 5 1/4 disc for instance (and why)? At best, (and I'm guessing) a few probably still exist on display in a museum somewhere.

I think technology is leaning toward the solid state type of storage medium that doesn't require a mechanical spinning thing with which to read and/or write on discs.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby born2blove » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:44 pm

Hi every one
I am new here
I am using this software to bring DVD with my Canon PM6220 and M100
http://www.surething.com/disclabeler/software/whats-new.
let me know which one is better software>

Thanks

Postby obeeone » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:31 pm

G'day

For those that are interested Canon have "Easy-PhotoPrint" Software, it's FREE. It will print directly to a DVD/CD with Canon printers that have CD/DVD printing. It does a really good job.

Carl
Photodex Gallery: http://www.photodex.com/share/obeeone

There are 10 types of people who understand binary:
Those who do and those who don't.

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby pilotdan63 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:00 am

I have a Canon ip4920 printer which prints directly on CD/DVD discs, however this model is no longer available. That said Canon still sells the replacement model ip7220 which is avilable from Amazon for about $80.00 http://www.amazon.com/Canon-Products-IP ... non+ip7220

Printer for DVD

Postby Amazing.Edna » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:44 am

For anyone interested in Brothers Printers for printing direct to DVD here are 2 new ones. We have had great luck with Brother Printers and the available low priced ink.

The MFCJ870DW and J875DW will print on a CD and DVD.

We have included a link directly below that you can click or copy and paste into an Internet browser to compare the models.
http://www.brother-usa.com/MFC/ModelCom ... _MFCJ875DW

Update on Brother Printer

Postby Amazing.Edna » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:30 am

Amazon has the Brother Printer (prints DVD) for $109.00 free delivery

Thank you for your inquiry.

The MFC-J870DW (estimated street price $149.99) has CD/DVD printing which will allow you to print on printable CDs/DVDs.

For more information, please click on the link below:
http://www.brother-usa.com/MFC/ModelDet ... AhyPZrD_q4

Thank you for your interest in Brother products.

Postby magray » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:38 am

Sorry this reply is well after published date, but I was just reading some of the topics and noticed DVD Labels. Having just upgraded my computer my previous software labeller 'Stomper' will not work on Windows 7. I, therefore, have to prepare same on my old laptop which still XP on. I beleive you can buy a window 7 compatable version. Having read some of the comments, I am pleased to say my previous DVD labelling from as far back as 2003 still appear to be working fine having used the aforementioned programme.

Previous

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications